x250 rear jacking/axle stand positions (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
There should be jacking points just forward of the rear axle. Don't know this make model but does it not say in the manual?
I would then use axle stands under the axle at the point the rear springs are attached.

OP
OP
daveinspain
Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for your reply berni109, but the jacking point is only wide enough for the supplied scissor jack, not a trolley jack. The manual says nothing about axle stand points or where to position a trolley jack, and the workshop manual talks about using a hoist.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Put a piece of wood that is the same size as the head of the scissor Jack on the top of the trolly Jack. Or use the scissor Jack with a block/s underneath and just support the axle with the trolly while u position the stand.
Do not remove the wheel until you have the stand under the axle and do not put any part of u'r body other than an arm underneath until its firmly on te stand.

Sorry not trying to teach u to suck eggs just don't know u'r level of experience.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Use a block of 3x2 (at least 6" long) on the jack & jack under the front spring hanger. Use another piece of 3x2 on your axle stand placed under the chassis just forward of the jack. I would never put the jack or axle stand directly against any part of the van or axle. The chassis will accept a spread load anywhere without damage but the jack or axle stand risk denting it and removing any corrosion protection.

OP
OP
daveinspain
Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks guys, I´d thought of the front spring hanger but wasn´t sure if the upward force would damage the bush. I´ll give it a go now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back