X250 front wheel arch plastic grommets/ caps (1 Viewer)

Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
Hello, we've got a Peugeot/ Autosleeper X250 and around the rear edge of the front wheel arch there are 4 small holes approx 6mm square, these holes should have small white button like plugs inserted to tidy things up, the problem is that some are missing.
I've tried 2 different Peugeot and a Fiat dealer who couldn't find the items on their parts system, Autosleeper have never supplied them and say they are a Peugeot item.
Ours is a 2013 and the same grommets are fitted to a friends 2011 Swift group Autocruise that he has owned since new.

The question is has anyone else been able to source these bits and possibly a part number ?

Thanks for looking, Chris

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
try a local car body repair shop

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Have you tried looking on the Citroen service portal - if you go to http://service.citroen.com/pages/index.jsp you can register and logon - its free to view drawings and parts. Site is in french - change to english (bottom right) and then select register.
When you log on you can select a vehicle - a Citroen Relay III is the same as the Citroen X250 and then select a chasis type.

there are plans and parts lists for most things and also a list of genetic parts including hole covers/plugs etc

Last edited:

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
I had same problem with the missing caps. I just got some 12mm diameter white plastic screw caps and stuck them on with a bit of sikaflex, when you push it over the hole, smear the excess sikaflex on the inside of the arch to cover over the inside edge of the square hole, when it dries they are then secure.
You should be able to pick some up at any DIY store or at the link below.
Lance (y)

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello, we've got a Peugeot/ Autosleeper X250 and around the rear edge of the front wheel arch there are 4 small holes approx 6mm square, these holes should have small white button like plugs inserted to tidy things up, the problem is that some are missing.
I've tried 2 different Peugeot and a Fiat dealer who couldn't find the items on their parts system, Autosleeper have never supplied them and say they are a Peugeot item.
Ours is a 2013 and the same grommets are fitted to a friends 2011 Swift group Autocruise that he has owned since new.

The question is has anyone else been able to source these bits and possibly a part number ?

Thanks for looking, Chris

Likewise, check alternative fix above.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
I bought some from the Range, they are called Self-Cover Buttons and are 15mm diameter, colour is white.
6 on a card for about 99p and have a retaining piece on the rear. Find them in the sewing section, a perfect fit.

Ray

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I bought some from the Range, they are called Self-Cover Buttons and are 15mm diameter, colour is white.
6 on a card for about 99p and have a retaining piece on the rear. Find them in the sewing section, a perfect fit.

Ray
Even better, sounds a lot better fix not having to mess about with the sticky stuff. (y)(y)
Lance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spanner
Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Have you tried looking on the Citroen service portal - if you go to http://service.citroen.com/pages/index.jsp you can register and logon - its free to view drawings and parts. Site is in french - change to english (bottom right) and then select register.
When you log on you can select a vehicle - a Citroen Relay III is the same as the Citroen X250 and then select a chasis type.

there are plans and parts lists for most things and also a list of genetic parts including hole covers/plugs etc

OP
OP
Spanner
Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp

Thanks for the info regarding the Citroen site, I tried to register as a customer or a motor trade person but it wouldn't accept my email address, can't understand why.
It's just a minor irritation that all current Sevel X250 White vans have these fitted as can be seen on brand new vehicles but the main dealers can't find a part number and the motorhome dealers aren't interested !
Looks like screw caps are the easy fix and I've got plenty of those already.

Thanks for all the suggestions, what a great forum

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spanner
Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp