X250 2011 Document holder help needed

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by SandJ, Jul 27, 2014.

1. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

image.jpg image.jpg
    Can anyone advise if the following is correct and any solutions as to a remedy?
    TIA

If I remove the document compartment from above radio see fig
    Can I then remove (rigid, not adjustable as older models) map holder with clip by removing two screws from locations as per fig , is there only the two screws?
    Can the clip then be repaired or is it a full replacement? The reason being the clip has come away and only the spring remains.
    If full part needed does anyone know part no or location of part?
    Thanks again for help

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phill D

Phill D

its a simple job of pull out the compartment and 2 x screws ( dont drop any ) :whistle:... been there..:).

lift the front and it lifts out. there are 2 types of clip board one that raises and one that does not as far as i am aware you cannot get at the mechanism in the back of the clip board to repair. but its such a simple job to get it off its worth checking.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

:clap:

Thank Phill looks like I will have to source a replacement one (fixed type)

Tried to find on eBay but failed so far

4. Phill D

Phill D

as its under the dash and cant be seen it may be worth doing a bit of hacking on the inside to see if you can get it fixed and super glue it back. nothing to loose if you are going to buy new (y)

• Like Like x 1
  5. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

Will have a look when I get if off Phill buggered if I can find its correct part name but will have to go to dealers if it can't be repaired. Lol the last time I put a fix for a fridge lock on here I basically got called a cheapskate. The fix works better than the original lol thanks again Phill

6. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

Modern society is far to ready to throw away things that can be easily and cheaply repaired. If it is just the spring clip that is broken could you get another from a Poundland clip board and replace it with that? Probably not but just a thought.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

I agree with you
    It is Not the spring itself but the clasps that hold the clip onto a rod it seems that the clip and spring slip onto rod but the plastic bits on clip have broken it is in storage or would post a pic. I am in no rush as it's not vital and I am asking for ideas in case anyone else has had the same problem.
    Thanks

8. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

Hi
    Just come across your post - I know it's an old one, but just seen this part advertised on eBay 121491304333
    Not sure if it's correct colour though.

• Like Like x 1