• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD 'X' Reg Vauxhall Agila with Full Braked Towing Kit (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Good morning all from a cold and frosty South Wales.

I did hope I'd be returning to this forum as an owner of a new motorhome! However, other demanding influences keep pushing that day back :(

I've been hanging on to my Vauxhall Agila (silver) simply because it has the full towing kit. I purchased the car ready equipped about 5 years ago with the intention of towing it behind my Burstner - I never did!! I paid £1300 for the car then and as I have another automatic car (appealing at my age), I've decided the Agila has to go.

I've been using the car as my daily drive to work, just 5 miles each way and its never failed me. Done the occasional long journey without issues. The car is 1.2cc and very economical. It was last MOT'd on 14th June 2016 with the recorded mileage 92738. As always, the car flew through with just one advisory:
001 Disg brec wedi gwisgo, yn dyliog neu wedi'l grafu ond heb ei wanhau'n ddifrifol front [3.5.1i]
001 brake disk worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened front [3.5.1i]
Fitting a replacement is easy and cheap if it was necessary.
I'll put a new MOT on it for the new owner.

When I first got the car I connected it up to my Burstner just to test the electrics and everything worked fine, I have no reason to suspect that anything has changed but I'm unable to check it now without a board.

The car is clean with no signs of rust and just a few issues:
1. The radio/CD isn't brilliant as the display has gone - otherwise okay.
2. The nearside wing mirror can be knocked off if someone walks into it but otherwise stays in place.

This is a lovely clean car, never failed me and an excellent buy for a motorhomer wanting to tow legally.

I'll be sorry to see it go but it makes no sense keeping it when I have another 'automatic' Fiat Punto to use and at the age of 64, automatics are quite nice to drive :)

I'll get some pictures up later.

I'm looking for £650 for the car which is located near Bridgend just 2 miles off J36 M4.

I can be contacted through the forum, via email: john@stitch-up.biz or by phone 07920 279793.

Hope all those I met at the various outings are keeping well, having fun and enjoying their motorhomes :)

Regards

John

Last edited:
OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Everything is great thanks, just to busy to breathe at the moment. I miss the motorhome a lot even if it was just for hiding away in it and pottering outside the house :)

We also miss our little outings with Motorhome Fun and of course 'The Night Club' :)

We'll be back - hopefully :)

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
My last update/plug :)

Spent a little time giving the Agila a good clean today and I have to say, for it's year, it really is in very good condition. This is an excellent tow car for any motorhomer.

Here's more pictures I took today - make me an offer.

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
How strange! I received £50 deposit to hold the car for someone (not sure if they're on MHF), but they never showed!! Tried contacting and nothing.

So, to those others who enquired, the car is still available and now £50 cheaper :)

Cheers

John

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
How strange! I received £50 deposit to hold the car for someone (not sure if they're on MHF), but they never showed!! Tried contacting and nothing.

So, to those others who enquired, the car is still available and now £50 cheaper :)

Cheers

John
Hi John
We would be interested in buying your agila as my daughter needs a cheap car. Is there any way you could meet up with me part way? say leigh delamare services on the m4? Just a bit too busy chasing my tail to drive to Bridgend and back

I presume that a new mot still comes with the car?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Thanks for the message :)

I plan of getting the new MOT this forthcoming week, so yes, it'll have a full 12 months.

Might be a little difficult me driving the Agila to Leigh Delamare as I'd end up stranded there :) and, while I'm sure anyone seeing the car would buy it, If you didn't ..........?

I'll get the car MOT'd first and then see what I can work out.

Are you the gentleman that rang me?

Regards

John

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
just text you John, yes

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
fingers crossed now that it passes without any problems. Ring me when its done please John and we can sort something out

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back