LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Interesting but no - first time I've seen it. Would be interested in the reviews, though. Thanks for highlighting it:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
was on tv yesterday on one of the "selly telly" channels.

does look a good bit of kit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Check out some reviews, on say Amazon. Most I have read say they are crap.
The tv advert shows them unfolding on a smooth shiny surface which is rarely the case on sites.:thumbdown:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Check out some reviews, on say Amazon. Most I have read say they are crap.
The tv advert shows them unfolding on a smooth shiny surface which is rarely the case on sites.:thumbdown:

looked at the Amazon reviews and i see what you mean....shame really as they look good. :Sad:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I bought a copy at Fleetwood market just over a week ago. £20 for a 50 foot hose with spray gun screwed on one end. At that price I thought it was worth a punt (at Shrewsbury show last week 50 foot ones were £50)

I removed the spray gun and replaced it with a (female) Hozelock adapter which I already had.

I used it for the first time yesterday to fill the tank when we arrived at Settle and it worked fine. The ground where the tap is isn't the worst I've seen but it is far from smooth and shiny and doesn't appear to have damaged the hose at all.

It is a lot lighter and takes up a lot less room than the cassette hose I've been using. Time will tell if it lasts.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Looked at these a few months back ,looked good until i read the reviews.:thumbdown:

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Are they food quality plastic? or are you running the risk of all those nasty carcinogens leeching out and into your MH water system.

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Are they food quality plastic? or are you running the risk of all those nasty carcinogens leeching out and into your MH water system.

Yes but don't we all use garden type hose to fill from home anyway or plastic cans ?

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
A Friend bought one and was not impressed. You need very good water pressure, as if you don't once it fills up and you open the end to water garden ect

Yes you guessed right it folds back up on you.

It went back . Did lose the p&p thou.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I read somewhere that this hose is selling in the States for a quarter of the prices being charged here in 'rip-off' Britain! It could be worth buying one there and paying for shipping (it is light) and still saving.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I fell for the hype..

Leaked like a bloody sieve after 2 uses, company def could not be described as helpful..
THEN ( typical me ! ) I did some research and found out just how bad everyone else found them.
My best advice, based entirely on personal experience, is do not bother.. at all !!!!!

Markt58

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2005

Hi, We bought one from e-bay (china), half the price, the best hose I have ever owned. At 75' it makes it easy to take on water, often without having to de-camp. It has a tap connector on one end and a on/off valve on the other, so easy to control at the business end, which incidentally is a good fit into the water filler hole on my van (hands free fill up). After use easy to drain and store, just dump into a carrier bag (unbelievably light) and keep in locker. I guess I recommend it. Mark & Elaine:thumb:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Was going to buy one until someone saw me looking at them in the shop and said don't as they were absolute rubbish!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back