Smurf

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi everyone, brand new to motorhomes, got questions galore, just purchased a fiat ducato swift royale 540 1994, diesel 51000 miles anyone know where I can get a manual from, as there are switches n levers everywhere, she doesn't use butane but LPG, how do I know when she needs topping up at forecourt, also does this workout cheaper than bottled gas, she had a new cam belt fitted in sep 2005, don't know at what mileage, I was told as the mileage was low then you go by age which would be six years, if it needed replacing is it worth changing the water pump same time.

As the upholstery could do with a sprucing up, instead of paying a fortune on complete refurbishment, would fitted seat covers do and where would the cheapest be, sorry to ask so many questions, but I only picked it up today, I know she is an old girl but my first motorhome, and I'm buzzing, thanks in anticipation.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
the lpg will work out alot cheaper than bottle gas,and you no need to worry about filling it up,as you can buy a litre,or twenty litre,just top it up when you feel like it,or every time you refuel,you will soon get used to to how much you use.:thumb:
the cambelt will need changeing now after six years,normaly five years,also do the tensioner,not sure which engine you got but if the waterpump runs off the cam belt change that as well:thumb:
she might be an old girl,but the veiw out the window is just the same as a new one:thumb:
cant help you with the seat covers,but wellcome to the forum and may you have a great time with your new motorhome:thumb:

Upvote 0

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Welcome, New or Old she is your baby and you will love her until the very last time you take her out - good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi everyone, brand new to motorhomes, got questions galore, just purchased a fiat ducato swift royale 540 1994, diesel 51000 miles anyone know where I can get a manual from, as there are switches n levers everywhere, she doesn't use butane but LPG, how do I know when she needs topping up at forecourt, also does this workout cheaper than bottled gas, she had a new cam belt fitted in sep 2005, don't know at what mileage, I was told as the mileage was low then you go by age which would be six years, if it needed replacing is it worth changing the water pump same time.

As the upholstery could do with a sprucing up, instead of paying a fortune on complete refurbishment, would fitted seat covers do and where would the cheapest be, sorry to ask so many questions, but I only picked it up today, I know she is an old girl but my first motorhome, and I'm buzzing, thanks in anticipation.

Hi and Welcome.:welcomefunster:...... "OLD" :Eeek:.. there are no old motorhomes ..Mature...yes (fully aged, as cheese or wine, perfected, complete in development, completed,) they just need fine tuning every year ..........there are NO "CHEAP" motorhomes..... they all cost a "LOT" of money what ever age...and what Chris said " The veiw out the window is the same" trust him he's not a Doctor:winky::ROFLMAO::thumb:

Mel:thumb:

Upvote 0

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The Beginner

Hi and welcome, It's all been said. You will need to sort the advice from the P*ss taking but that is all part of the FUN:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back