www.campingcarpark.com Pass'Etapes card (1 Viewer)

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
I've been looking at this site, and I can't seem to find an answer to my question:

How do I acquire just the €4 Pass'Etapes card online?

Whenever I go to the appropriate place on their site, I'm given only two options: get the card with an open monthly mandate, or get the card with Top-up as you go option. Both at €24 minimum - the €24 is listed as a membership, so it doesn't look like a "pre-load" of parking fees.

I'd like to have the card so I don't need to perform the seemingly lengthy and fragile process of acquiring the card at the barrier, but it's unlikely that I'll need it.

Anyone done it online, as opposed to at the barrier, or over the phone?

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
No sorry can't help with the website but no doubt someone else will be able to help. We got a card when we went into an Aire run by Pass D'etapes at the barrier . I must admit we very rarely have been at an Aire that has needed one of these cards but it has proved useful a couple of times.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Their web site can be a bit difficult, I would phone them at the number given on the web site and they would quickly sort it out, I have had to contact them a couple of times with queries and had no problems. However, if you do buy a card in advance this way you have to either go for the monthly account option or top up a minimum of 50 euro when you take out the card.

If you do not plan to use them much, the best option is to get the card when you get to an aire. You will have seen numerous accounts of problems with this, I believe that it is because there is some sort of delay in their registration process, so you get the card, load it at the machine, then can't get in for a while until their computer updates. I think that the easy option is to get the card, do the top up and then immediately phone them, they then validate the card immediately and you can get in. The only other option is to just sit around for a while, my first time took 15 minutes. I have seen even the French give up and go away during the waiting period rather than phoning for help.

Once you have the card, it all seems to work OK, I always top up before getting to an aire but I am now thinking of going for the monthly account option even though there is a cost to this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Their web site can be a bit difficult, I would phone them at the number given on the web site and they would quickly sort it out, I have had to contact them a couple of times with queries and had no problems. However, if you do buy a card in advance this way you have to either go for the monthly account option or top up a minimum of 50 euro when you take out the card.

If you do not plan to use them much, the best option is to get the card when you get to an aire. You will have seen numerous accounts of problems with this, I believe that it is because there is some sort of delay in their registration process, so you get the card, load it at the machine, then can't get in for a while until their computer updates. I think that the easy option is to get the card, do the top up and then immediately phone them, they then validate the card immediately and you can get in. The only other option is to just sit around for a while, my first time took 15 minutes. I have seen even the French give up and go away during the waiting period rather than phoning for help.

Once you have the card, it all seems to work OK, I always top up before getting to an aire but I am now thinking of going for the monthly account option even though there is a cost to this.
Yeah , afraid we are one of the ones that give up and left, don't honestly see the need with the thousands of free Aires about, we tried at two different ones , and while one was very clean and tidy the other was very ordinary among some large trees with no view or sun, just saying(y):)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
So is there a requirement for this - when using Aires?

No, it's just a group of Aires that are run by this company that require you to buy a card to use their Aires. We travel a lot in France and haven't seen many of them. Other Aires are available in France :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back