Free Member
Jun 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbe
Can any one advise me plse, viewed a MH today it was very clean and no sign of dampness, however there was some "wrinkles'' in the wall covering around the window frames, the sales person informed us that this some times happens due to the windows slightly moving whilst in transit, being new to this, could this be the case or is he just spinning us a line. would appreciate any comments.

Thanks Lesley

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry cant help just though when i saw this headline you had ken and alan staring in your windows:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Can any one advise me plse, viewed a MH today it was very clean and no sign of dampness, however there was some "wrinkles'' in the wall covering around the window frames, the sales person informed us that this some times happens due to the windows slightly moving whilst in transit, being new to this, could this be the case or is he just spinning us a line. would appreciate any comments.

Thanks Lesley

may be fine but why has it wrinkled?

If you can ask someone from here to assist you and have a look at the camper that lives in Essex

What company is it?

Essex

It is not far from Johnscross motorhomes I would travel to them and buy with confidence

:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I echo the above comment. Its a little bit of a drive from you but you can be confident that Johns Cross will not spin you a tale.

See their advert down the side of the page.

I have no commercial interest - just a customer

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Thanks Lesley

Believe that and you will believe anything !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Believe that and you will believe anything !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

I have seen this happen :thumb: and I am sure Peter's workshop people will have ::bigsmile:It (I THINK) happens when the internal window blind casement is screwed on and the paper / vinyl wall covering is loose at the edge through cutting out for window.It is easy to rectify by undoing the cassette frame sticking a little glue/paste under the paper and smooth it out with a scraper / Credit card then refit the cassette :thumb:I would have thought a dealer would do this prior to sale as it looks bad wrinkled around the corner ::bigsmile::winky:
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
sounds like its got some damp or had damp to me if you where selling it to him he would tell you it damp best left were it is

Sorry HLL but while it is wise to share your concern :thumb: it can happen to brand new boards.:Eeek:
Don't discount the van simply because of this :Doh: if it is at the right money it is an easy fix :thumb: If you are certain there is no damp it could well work in your favor by knocking a few hundred or thousand :winky: off :Eeek::thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back