LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I guess most of us have or have had Buddlia in our gardens, but just watching wildlife programme on tv and there was a gorgeous YELLOWY ORANGE buddlia on .. Anybody got one, please?

Also, they recommend not pruning at the end of summer as if you prune in April the plant will then flower in August when it is most important time for the butterflies.

Don't expect any replies, just I love watching the butterflies on my buddlias when I had them before they got too big and I had to get rid of them.:Blush::Blush:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
I'm a big fan of butterflies and we have a common self-set purple buddleia in our garden that gets smothered in butterflies and bees during the summer. It's a joy so see them.

I think that the yellow one that you are referring to is the Buddleia Weyeriana (Sungold) which produces continuous golden yellow flower spikes from June well into late November/early December. It needs little or no dead-heading, is fast growing and non invasive.

Regards
Val

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Don't think the yellow ones attract the butterflies though do they?

Don't ignore the pruning whenever you do it. We had a self set one where the fairies are at the bottom of our garden and we left it be for some years. We eventually got round to clearing that part of the plot and the timber on it was so hard Pete thought he was sawing scaffolding poles. Including what the roots were made of.

And the roots - they stretched for miles in every direction, we had a crater by the time he'd finished !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
I know it's not orange but in the spring catalog of J Parkers you get a "free" blue miniature Buddleia with any order of any value.
Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back