Would you pay £10 per night for electric? (1 Viewer)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Not a chance i'd pay £10 a night , at that rate in 30-40 days you's have a solar panel system paid for :)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
On reflection, we'd consider paying £10 per night for electricity - if the pitch itself was of some quality & less than £5 per night (y)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
As usual I expect that there is an element of some spoiling it for all by being more than extravagant in consuming site electricity. There is also certainly a case of site operators being happy to charge over the top presumably because there are more than sufficient mugs happy to pay them.

The sooner all are metered supplies the better. This seems to work abroad with aires and stellplatz as a way of charging relating to consumption to cope with winter and summer variations.

Frankly the infrastructure element should be part of the pitch fee like it is for fresh water, grey water, black waste, rubbish etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
As usual I expect that there is an element of some spoiling it for all by being more than extravagant in consuming site electricity. There is also certainly a case of site operators being happy to charge over the top presumably because there are more than sufficient mugs happy to pay them.

The sooner all are metered supplies the better. This seems to work abroad with aires and stellplatz as a way of charging relating to consumption to cope with winter and summer variations.

Frankly the infrastructure element should be part of the pitch fee like it is for fresh water, grey water, black waste, rubbish etc.

I agree that lecky should be metered but I don't think that it should be part of the pitch fee - I don't like paying for things that I don't need or use.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I agree that lecky should be metered but I don't think that it should be part of the pitch fee - I don't like paying for things that I don't need or use.

What I am saying is that the supply of electricity should be metered but the original cost of installing the electric points cables etc should be part of the pitch fee, preferably only for those pitches with electric points and discounted if electric not required by the customer.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

He's only talking about the infrastructure part being a standard part of the pitch fee, ie the cost of the cables, bollard etc, just as things like a hard standing pitch is sometimes charged more for than a grass pitch - the electricity used should still be charged for separately via meter, card etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back