Would you get an AA vehicle inspection? (1 Viewer)

joggerman

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Since 2004
If you were buying a 3 year old fiat motorhome from a dealer, with 22k on the clock and a 12 month comprehensive warrantee, would you have an AA mechanical inspection carried out?

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Yes, definitely!! Certainly an AA or RAC or something of the calibre of inspection and I would do all the checks hpi, mot registration document etc.

Firstly our experience of warranties is the little they do actually cover by the time you have looked at the exclusions and whats regarded as wear an tear, usually means if you need to claim on the warranty its not always quick and easy.

Secondly with the amount of money a 3 year old vehicle costs - I would not want to a risk that the vehicle is a ringer, stolen or about to be snatched back by HPI or an ex write off or repaired flood damaged vehicle, all of which could involve you losing all or some of your hard earned money.

I have sometimes taken a vehicle for a test drive, driven to an MOT garage and got them to check it over there and then and tend to do this if the person or company selling, has motd the vehicle themselves. It also gives me the opportunity to look under the vehicle whilst its up on ramps

Hope this is of some help. xxxx

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
If you were buying a 3 year old fiat motorhome from a dealer, with 22k on the clock and a 12 month comprehensive warrantee, would you have an AA mechanical inspection carried out?

Hi if it gives you peace of mind go for the AA inspection, personally It would depend on how good the dealer is , and is the warranty offered as good as it sounds :Smile: don`t forget it`s not just the mechanical side of things to think about when purchasing any motorhome make sure that the habitation side of thing`s are OK ,and are also covered by some kind of warranty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

The AA and RAC inspections do tend to write 'War and Piece' on a vehicle to cover their own back.

It does not include a HPI or previous owner or mileage check as far as I am aware (could be wrong!)

Peter

OP
OP
J

joggerman

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Since 2004
The AA and RAC inspections do tend to write 'War and Piece' on a vehicle to cover their own back.

It does not include a HPI or previous owner or mileage check as far as I am aware (could be wrong!)

Peter

I checked with the RAC and it does include an HPI check.

Also, I did check the tyres which have 4 to 5mm approx tread left, and would seem to be originals (week 34 year 04 on a 2006 model) seems the right age for stock tyres don't you think?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back