would you buy suntor 630 (1 Viewer)

Nov 26, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
23 years
:Eeek:hi i am thinking of buying i swift suntor 630 (2006 model) is this a good motorhome to buy any comments would be grateful many thanks john

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

Yes its a Brownhills version of the Sundance, just check that the floor is not spongy around the habitation door step and the mods have been done.

Peter

OP
OP
jandv
Nov 26, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
23 years
what mods should have been done :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: I've got a 2004 Suntor 630G. Very happy with it apart from the Fridge being pathetic when the outside Temp is too warm. :Sad:

Deleted User
We had a 630L 2005 model, reasonable motorhome with a good layout for a family. We had persitant electrical problems, ie couldnt run the heater and the boiler together or heater and hotplate. I think that the wiring and circuit breakers were not heavy enough for the load. The problem never was fixed. We also had damp in the rear and a lesser amount in the luton although only 2 years old. Swift might have improved the later models but I would not buy another one. Also big rear overhang which you have to watch.
Regards
Spongy

Brenintot

Free Member
Jul 24, 2008
Cwmbran, South Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1980
We are pleased with our new (to us) Swift 630L

We purchased our Swift 630L 05/55 privately about a month ago & are impressed with the way it drives, 500 miles so far much smoother than previous Swifts we have owned (97 Kontiki 640, 98 Hymer 544, 99 Sundance 590 & 2001 Gazelle f63). We have spent one weekend so far 'The British Leisure Show' at Windsor & are satisfied up to now.

Typical Swift internal build quality, overall better than the Explorer group MHs but not as good as even the Hymer base models, but UK friendly.

The shower toilet area poorly designed & fitted with the usual rubbish quality ABS shower tray that splits & is difficult to replace. (I think this layout has been improved on later models but not the quality)

When it comes to actualy affording a family MH, the price if purchasing a privately well cared for van, with low miles, damp tested & a FSH in my opinion represents good value, if it's at a fair price.

Do your research, be patient & make sure your 100% happy with the seller & MH before parting with your money (electronic bank transfer). I believe it's possible to save a fortune by avoiding dealers.

Good luck.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
We had one on hire in 2008, I presume the layout and spec would be similar. On the plus side we liked the rear lounge and seperate seating / dining area which was great for kids and adults to have a bit of space on rainy days (which was virtually every day we were away).

On the negative side we found there wasn't enough worktop space in the kitchen area. Didn't care of the shower / toilet combi arrangement or shared sink & shower drain which often left a puddle of grey water by the toilet bowl - at least that's what I was told it was :Eeek:

Also found the rear bed a bit of a stretch to make up once all the slats and cushions were in place.

Very nice spec and build quality overall, just the wrong layout for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back