LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Having over the last two weeks travelled down some very narrow lanes in Wales.... and come across another vehicle travelling in the opposite direction..

Have had to tuck ourselves in to hedges etc to let them pass...

I`m thinking that if I know I`m going in an area of narrow roads and lanes, would putting "Cling Film" on the nearside windows stop the dreaded little scratches from uncut bushes & hedge rows..

Easy to put on and take off & cheap enough...

Would it work... ?

I know ideally, let the other vehicle tuck into the side, but not always appropriate or practical...

And most didn`t think I could do serious... :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I can't see cling film being strong enough.

Maybe some of the "wrap" material they use on cars.

It's a real problem. I just ignore it and will polish the scratches out if/when we come to sell.

Next problem - you wing mirror, we lost our nearside one on the way to Weymouth last year - or at least it got finished off after several clips.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Get a Ventura Pro 7000 Sat Nav and it wont send you down those lanes. However, costs a few bob more that a rol or two of cling film. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Having over the last two weeks travelled down some very narrow lanes in Wales.... and come across another vehicle travelling in the opposite direction..

Have had to tuck ourselves in to hedges etc to let them pass...

I`m thinking that if I know I`m going in an area of narrow roads and lanes, would putting "Cling Film" on the nearside windows stop the dreaded little scratches from uncut bushes & hedge rows..

Easy to put on and take off & cheap enough...

Would it work... ?

I know ideally, let the other vehicle tuck into the side, but not always appropriate or practical...

And most didn`t think I could do serious... :RollEyes:::bigsmile:
Best you try 2-3mm perspex from your plastics shop. 'Hand' tool to hole punch the plastic, fit suckers, that will solve your problem..'Only for people who can be bothered':Cool:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
AH!!! Well..:RollEyes:

Scrub round that idea then...
:Doh::ROFLMAO:

Back to my normal self.. :thumb:

Priest and a Nun..

A priest was driving along and saw a nun on the side of the road. He stopped and offered her a lift which she accepted. She got in and crossed her legs, forcing her gown to open and reveal a lovely leg. The priest had a look and nearly had an accident.

After controlling the car, he stealthfully slid his hand up her leg. The nun looked at him and immediately said, "Father, remember psalm 129?"

The priest was flustered and apologized profusely. He forced himself to remove his hand. However, he was unable to remove his eyes from her leg.

Further on while changing gear, he let his hand slide up her leg again. The nun once again Said, "Father, remember psalm 129?" Once again the priest apologized. "Sorry sister, but the flesh is weak."

Arriving at the convent, the nun got out, gave him a meaningful glance, and went on her way.

On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to retrieve a bible and looked up psalm 129. It Said, "Go forth and seek, further up, you will find glory."

MORAL OF THE STORY: Always be well informed in your job, or you might miss a great opportunity!
................................................................. :RollEyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Psalm 129

King James Version (KJV)

129 Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth, may Israel now say:

2 Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth: yet they have not prevailed against me.

3 The plowers plowed upon my back: they made long their furrows.

4 The Lord is righteous: he hath cut asunder the cords of the wicked.

5 Let them all be confounded and turned back that hate Zion.

6 Let them be as the grass upon the housetops, which withereth afore it groweth up:

7 Wherewith the mower filleth not his hand; nor he that bindeth sheaves his bosom.

8 Neither do they which go by say, The blessing of the Lord be upon you: we bless you in the name of the Lord.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Keep your side windows polished with high resin body wax, won't prevent everything, but makes the surface less prone to scratching as the branches will slide along it easier rather than digging in.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I wouldn't worry too much about scratching the window Mo after all you have probably lost 10k since buying the van :Smile: simply let the other guy pull over and scratch his window's :winky:
Terry

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The infuriating thing is that hedges are not maintained , they hang into the road so the whole width cannot be used.
If something is coming the other way in a narrow road I pull in and stop , I am not scratching my paintwork :Eeek:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
They only seem to cut the hedges halfway up ( so that cars dont get scratched) leaving top half over hanging , Damned annoying !!!!!!

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Get a Ventura Pro 7000 Sat Nav and it wont send you down those lanes. However, costs a few bob more that a rol or two of cling film. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The only problem is that where Old-Mo is at the moment, the only way of getting to some of the interesting places is via narrow lanes, e.g. Mwnt.

In fact, you could switch the Ventura on in some places around there and it would go into meltdown.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back