Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Just comiling the paperwork for next weeks foray into europe. copied several of the important ones, got the rest together and sat down with a cuppa to check them all. :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: Our EHIC cards ran out two weeks ago:Blush:

I went online and found a section for out of date applications, they do an "express service" cost's £19.50, but thats for me and the wife. It'll be processed in three hours, so we'll be covered.

It'll teach me to start checking a bit earlier::bigsmile:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Bigger plonker here. Whats an EHIC and do i need one to go to France in a motorhome ?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Elderly Health Insurance Certificate ? oooooh European Health Insurance Certificate ? Do I still need one ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Its a very good idea to have it. It allows other EU countries to charge the UK NHS for basic treatment given to you while abroad. It means that you will not be left on a trolley while someone raids your credit card before stitching up a cut or bandaging your bonce. i believe it also covers you for dental treatment for pain relief...not supergluing your dentures together again.

It will not repatriate you, you still need some holiday insurance for that, but it is better to have it, than not to::bigsmile:.....google EHIC, all the info is there and you can apply online.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi
Has far has I know they are free, have you clicked on one of those bogus ones .
With a lookalike web site. Pete :Sad:

Indeed, lots of scammers trying to make a fast buck :Angry:

The EHIC is entirely free of charge. However, other unofficial websites may charge you if you apply through them.

All the info here and how to apply online

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx

dug

May 28, 2011
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
ducato maxi tdi 24'
Exp
Just comiling the paperwork for next weeks foray into europe. copied several of the important ones, got the rest together and sat down with a cuppa to check them all. :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: Our EHIC cards ran out two weeks ago:Blush:

I went online and found a section for out of date applications, they do an "express service" cost's £19.50, but thats for me and the wife. It'll be processed in three hours, so we'll be covered.

It'll teach me to start checking a bit earlier::bigsmile:

On the same lines....my other half has informed me my driving licence photo will be out of date in october........As it takes ??weeks to come back ,might be an idea to check 4b on your photocard licence.........
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_078070
Have Fun...Dug.:thumb:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
You can also ring them up, thats what i did last time. I do hope you havent paid for something you need not have paid for

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I nearly got fooled into paying:Angry: I think its pretty disgraceful that these other websites are allowed to even operate to be honest:Angry:

Can Jim not post something on the forum so that other members are not fooled into paying:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Yup, conned out of 19.50,........twice the plonker, teach me to check site addresses, still, tis done now.:Blush::Blush::Blush:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Yup, conned out of 19.50,........twice the plonker, teach me to check site addresses, still, tis done now.:Blush::Blush::Blush:

Me too..........................
:Smile::Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back