May 25, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Scout
Exp
Only just bought it!
At the risk of hogging the forums tonight...:ROFLMAO:

Is it worth joining either The Camping & Caravanning Club or the Caravan Club?

OH got told he would get £30+ off insurance if a member of CC, which seems good.
Aside from the insurance benefits, does anyone have a preference for either, do you think its worth joining one at all?

All comments gratefully received, thank you

Debby x

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi and Welcome...

We joined The Camping & Caravanning Club

I found it was worth it for the discounted RAC Recovery and local C&CC Site to my parents...

Steve.

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We are in both. The District Association ( D.A.) meets are good , cheap and you can join in as much or as little as you want. We go with who ever is at a place we want to visit. We also prefer the small Certified Location ( C.L.) sites to the big all singing and dancing ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I joined both plus the Motor Caravanners club. Had more than my moneys worth out of the Caravan Club but not the other 2 so it's probably won't renew next year but it depends on where you go and what benefits you're after ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If you go regularly to Club sites, Yeh it's worth it! You can get the equivilent of your membership fees back after a booking a week or two at the club sites, at club rates. We are members of both Clubs, go on club meets, yeh we would recommend it!

Upvote 0

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
We are in the Caravan Club. You do get some reductions on sites if you are members of either club. We stay in to use the Certified Locations's (small 5 van sites usually in rural areas) as we prefer them as well to the bigger sites.
Lucille

Upvote 0

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
We allso are in both clubs we like to use cl,s when ever possible.What ever you decide enjoy.::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We are in both - CL's / CS's and recovery make it worth the subs - very seldom use the CC site most wardens are grumpy and arrogant - C&CC generally more laid back and welcoming - we don't do posh camping so seldom use on site facilities as we are all self contained so CL/CS are the prefered venue

Upvote 0

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
We are in both, the CCC for the RAC discount the same as "American Dream", they will also recover any size van and my trailer c/w car, we are in the CC as we have a few favourite sites that are CC Gray. :thumb:

Upvote 0

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We are in CC & CCC they both have benefits.
Selected CC Clubsites do a mid-week discount whic can be very handy.
Both clubs have holiday sites and meets which are good so long as you don't want elec or the highlife!
Both clubs have CS &CL sites which are good value.

Upvote 0

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We have been members of the CC for many years and mainly use CL sites, but even they are getting silly prices, although we did find one near Ashbourne Derbyshire for £3.50 pn.

This year we have dumped them and will use the C&CC with their discount for the over 50's and CS sites, we have been members for years with them too.

The CC are more into making money than helping members and over the years their charges have increased by more than inflation. The renewal I just received has increased to £40 and as we very rarely use theirs sites I cannot see the point in being a member.

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We are in the cc and love some of the cl's they have and always liked the sites we have used, you can also get some discount on ferry crossings.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
was with the caravan club but too many daft rules....cant arrive before lunchtime, cant be over 8mtrs (or whatever it is) among others and if you aint on the phone when the years booking fiasco arrives you wont get a pitch....tuggers book as many sites and dates as they can then cherry pick the best and ignore the rest without canceling, but they are still booked so the pitch cant be 'let'.

now with the caravan and camping club...much more relaxed attitude and choice of the discounted RAC arrivals breakdown cover....ideal for many as there is no limit on size and weight and can only be bought by CC&C members. (most other B/D cover is limited to 3500kg)

the £30 saving on insurance will be instantly cancelled by the clubs £38 membership fee.

Upvote 0

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I joined the CC three years ago but have never been on one of their Campsites as I dont like campsites. They have 2500 CL's though which are superb. Far more than the C&CC.

They also offer "Great Days Out" vouchers, 2 for the price of one entry etc for lots of UK attractions which you can easily save more than the membership on.

Upvote 0

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
See you are also in Hants, as you know we are spoilt for choice down here but we have been members of both clubs, but purely on the choice of CLs
at up to a couple of hours from here "e/leigh", we found that the caravan club has the better choice. But as has been said depends what you want to do as long as you enjoy thats what matters.:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back