Worth a detour ...

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by stcyr, Jun 6, 2013.

1. stcyr

stcyr Funster

From 6 to 16 June 2013, the 6th edition of the Armada Festival will attract millions of visitors to the quaysides of Rouen along the banks of the Seine river. Over 50 Tall Ships are expected which rank among the most splendid examples in the world today together with modern warships and other exceptional sailing craft. There will be concerts, firework displays and lots going on during the festival including free visits on board these amazing tall ships.

The Grand Procession along the Seine river, the firework display every evening, the mass celebrated by the crews and the sailors' parade... these events and many more are all on the festival calendar.

To find out more about the Armada 2013
    www.armada.org/en/

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

2. ukbill

ukbill Funster

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh time to reroute thxs for the headsup once i got stuck travelling on black saturday in france never again we aint got no idea what a traffic jam is here till ya been in 1 of them on french roads like bloody lemins they all take off on hols at the same time :Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

:thumb: Me too! Satnav sent us towards 2 low bridges in Rouen last week, the first one I avoided when the warning brushes hit the sat dome and the second I saw before I got there. Could only get out of that by going 150 yards down a bus only lane much to the bemusement of the locals. :Doh:

• Like Like x 1
  4. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

It's a bit late, I know, but thanks for the suggestion. We made the detour and had an enjoyable day. What an amazing spectacle to see all of the old galleons, sailboats and some more modern vessels. It was quite something to see a huge galleon coming about in the river!

Worth people taking note of for next year.

Wyn