Worried

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Bagram11, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Bagram11

Bagram11

Worried!
    Took my motor home to Ireland for New Year's Eve and suddenly realised I didn't drain the water tank-and my area is now experiencing a freeze-can't get to it until Monday! It's a 2013 Bailey Approach-how much damage will it have caused??
    Any advice will be appreciated!

Lisa x

2. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Is it still in Ireland, and your back home, or is it in England?? Personally, I would make EVERY EFFORT to get that water out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

A couple of years ago we went away to Tunisia leaving our van at home and the temperatured plummeted alarmingly! We were going to the airport and it was showing -9 and while we were away we were seeing news items showing arctic conditions at home. On our return there was no damage. Last year we had a pretty mild winter and despite draining down the frost damaged the plumbing in the bathroom needing a new tap fitting etc.

It need not have caused any damage. Let's hope not.

Wyn

4. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Just had a thought. Dosen't The Approach have an auto dump system which operates when the temperature drops below 2 degrees C??

5. kevan

kevan Funster Life Member

should dump water below 5 degrees if its the same as my motor home, different make but all converters use the same gear i presume it as got the ALDE system

6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

It really depends on how long and cold the freeze is. Chances are your boiler would have auto dumped so that will be OK. Freeze ups can affect different motorhomes in different ways. A lot of modern plastic taps break at the slightest mention of ice and they can be expensive to replace. (You should make sure no water is in in them, turn the pump off and open them) Water pipes and joints can pop but normally they are quite resistant. Some loos hold a bit of flush water in a pipe that can be a problem @JockandRita have experience of this. Nothing you can do now, relax, worse thing maybe a tap, or a few litres under your sink. Neither are real problems to fix. Chances are nothing will break (y)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bagram11

Bagram11

I'm going to try to get access to it where it's stored on Sunday, my fear is the tank will be frozen solid?
    I'm going to turn it on, run heating, dump the water as there is a boiler switch, and a dump plug/bungee to tank and open metal taps.
    Would you suggest taking the flatscreen out as well?

8. Bagram11

Bagram11

I'm going to try to get access to it where it's stored on Sunday, my fear is the tank will be frozen solid?
    I'm going to turn it on, run heating, dump the water as there is a boiler switch, and a dump plug/bungee to tank and open metal taps.
    Would you suggest taking theflatscreen out as well?

9. Bagram11

Bagram11

Would you suggest taking theflatscreen out as well?