World war 2 touring (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
We are thinking of touring World War 2 area from 5th March for a few days. I know its a bit early.
This is the forst time ive used this forum so forgive me. Looking for Aires Camp sites Route suggestions places to visit in Motorhome etc. would be most appreciated.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi dmurton

We visited some of the WW2 areas on our 2012 trip and stayed on the aire at Arromanches. The one in the town was full up so went to the other one on the clifftop, very nice.

Arromanches is totally geared up for the WW2 tourist, there are the remains of a Mulberry harbour just offshore and a pretty good exhibition. Many of the shops in the pleasant town are geared up for selling WW2 stuff. I would recommend you get All the Aires France from Vicarious Books if you haven't got it already. Many funsters also recommend various apps that tell you where to find aires.

Granville is another pleasant town with WW2 gun emplacements near the aire.

Have a good trip.

Paul

Arromanches.JPG

Granville.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
By all means get a few ideas but one of the great things about France is the lack of the need to plan why not allow a few days for a meander after the beaches.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
There's a D-day museum & park at Caen and a simple aire right next door. And of course a Ferry to the port a few minutes away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back