Working From Your Motorhome

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by whiskers27, Feb 21, 2010.

1. whiskers27

whiskers27 Read Only Funster

Hi All

Just wondering how many of you earn a living from your motorhome and if there are any of you that do what do you do?

I saw a little piece in Aprils Practical Motorhome magazine where Octavian Security are looking for motorhome owners to man sites across the UK using there motorhomes as a base.

It just got me thinking what other jobs people have while using the motorhomes.

:BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Well I COULD work anywhere I can get a signal to the lappy

When I am away my daughter does most of the hands on stuff ( packing orders up and the like ) while I still handle all technical stuff, ordering and pretty much all other aspects of the business .. But to be fair I only go away rarely and she could proly run the whole shebang without any input from the old man apart from techy stuff !

Orders come in, she puts the parts in box's and sends em off.. If something gets low on stock either she will order or mail me and I will organise replenishment

I also do a few web sites for folk so if it is quiet while I am away I could always do a couple of pages on someone's site as peeps tend to want them updated all the time !

So yes, I could certainly run my business from wherever I happen to plug in to ! :BigGrin:

3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

I am sure a lot of people can and do work from the van. However beware there are ramifications.
    if over 3.5Ton your vehicle then becomes a heavy goods vehicle even if only carrying your overalls or computer for use in the business. (Needing the appropriate licence and not a grandfathered exemption) Insurance goes through the roof if you are covered at all irrespective of weight. so do be careful out there. loose talk costs pounds.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

4. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

When we are away, we work from ours when a good connection is around. It works quite well until someone wants to view before hire - in which case, you end up explaining that you are quite far away!

Don't you always find, the best campsites have the worst wifi??:Doh:

5. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

In that case I shall be sure to sit out side when taking calls then WM ! :Laughing: