Working and camping (1 Viewer)

B

Bradplus6

Deleted User
Does anyone know of anywhere in Europe where it is possible to work for a couple of hours per day (on a farm or vineyard) & in return get free camping - I remember an add several years ago where a farm in Italy did this though they provided accommodation & food - I intend to have my own. I'm in the process of selling a house & providing I get it sold will be buying a Bailey Approach 760. I homeschool the kids so rather than just holidaying I want them to experience an hour or 2 each day doing something worthwhile & learning new skills.

We had a camper for 2 years about 3 years ago - had to sell because of a parent who was ill but now looking again as I really miss the lifestyle - would love to live in one full time even though my friends think I'm nuts which I probably am ::bigsmile:

Any info greatly appreciated.

Dot

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
To work on a farm In the UK you have to be Eastern European! Wilkins Tiptree jams offer pitches for fruit pickers

OP
OP
B

Bradplus6

Deleted User
Thanks Bigfoot - because we are only doing it to learn new skills we don't want to be employed as such. I've googled a little this morning & have come across WWOOF & WORKING AWAY which might provide the type of opportunities we're looking for but I was thinking that 'Passion France' & similar bodies might offer some sort of work opportunities on arrival if we just ask to be involved - I suppose it's the sort of thing that we will only know once we arrive & suss out the situation. Need a motorhome first of course!

Take care,

Dot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Dot

I think that if your home schooling then they will lean a lot just see and interacting with others of different languages, races etc. Yes getting them to work with others would be good too but I also think that they will get more out of life if there enjoying themselves.

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back