Working and camping

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Bradplus6, May 6, 2013.

1. Bradplus6

Bradplus6 Deleted User

Does anyone know of anywhere in Europe where it is possible to work for a couple of hours per day (on a farm or vineyard) & in return get free camping - I remember an add several years ago where a farm in Italy did this though they provided accommodation & food - I intend to have my own. I'm in the process of selling a house & providing I get it sold will be buying a Bailey Approach 760. I homeschool the kids so rather than just holidaying I want them to experience an hour or 2 each day doing something worthwhile & learning new skills.

We had a camper for 2 years about 3 years ago - had to sell because of a parent who was ill but now looking again as I really miss the lifestyle - would love to live in one full time even though my friends think I'm nuts which I probably am :BigGrin:

Any info greatly appreciated.

Dot

2. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

To work on a farm In the UK you have to be Eastern European! Wilkins Tiptree jams offer pitches for fruit pickers

3. Bradplus6

Bradplus6 Deleted User

Thanks Bigfoot - because we are only doing it to learn new skills we don't want to be employed as such. I've googled a little this morning & have come across WWOOF & WORKING AWAY which might provide the type of opportunities we're looking for but I was thinking that 'Passion France' & similar bodies might offer some sort of work opportunities on arrival if we just ask to be involved - I suppose it's the sort of thing that we will only know once we arrive & suss out the situation. Need a motorhome first of course!

Take care,

Dot

4. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Dot

I think that if your home schooling then they will lean a lot just see and interacting with others of different languages, races etc. Yes getting them to work with others would be good too but I also think that they will get more out of life if there enjoying themselves.

David

• Like Like x 1