Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I bet other people have dents in there grey worktops where things have fallen out of cupboards. Is it easy to get replacements for these tops, where and how much? After a big jam pot fell out and gouged a crater we have put a little barrier up to stop things falling out.
Ivy

hallii

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
20 or so
I had this happen as well, now we carry anything hard in the lower cupboards.

Finding a match for your worktop may be difficult, the manufacturers might be able to supply but I found that the pattern changes as much as twice a year to keep up with "fashion".

Two ways to do the job, fill the crater with polyester (car body) filler and sand down, then stick the nearest match you can find (Formica or other) over the existing top using Evostick.
Then finish the edges with a sharp plane and fine wet and dry paper.

Or if it's not to big, sand the filler down and spray paint it matching the "background" colour as closely as possible. I did this and hand painted the pattern on afterwards finishing with a coat of clear lacquer over the complete top (you can get matt, semi-matt and gloss). This is what I did and it looked fine. Just don't rub to hard when you clean it!

Hallii

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Sounds brilliant! I'll have a go.
Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi try this man - no idea where he is but came highly recommended off another site- I think he does the same stuff as windscreen repairs ( someone said you could buy the gear off ebay at a tenner ?)
worktop repairs 07775928269 steve
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back