Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
no good looking:) you need to test ride and compare a few. the only way you know how good they are, how they perform on hills is to find out for yourself...

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
I will second that, there is no substitute for trying as many as you can in your price range. As to Woosh we have two of theirs and are perfect for our needs. One is a full size rear hub version and the other is a crank drive folder, both completely different in riding. Woosh as a company cannot be beaten, they have good bikes at good prices and their back up if you have a problem is excellent. You can try them at either the Southend or Cambridge branches. Our oldest one is a 2011 year and is still on its first battery. Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We are removing the scooter rack ( will be for sale soon ) and selling scooter (Honda PCX125) and going down the route of ebikes. Can fit these or something like these in the garage area ( which we could never use because of the scooter weight).

Broken Link Removed

or

http://www.stromrad.com/sommerkompakt-2015/ (this we were shown this model at bring & buy by a member from the Isle of man) and liked it very much).

Just looking now for a place here in Spain that will give us a test ride or hire them to us for a few days. The Woosh model do not support outside UK!.
Lost of research to do as here in Spain the ebike market is just another area that police will want to jump on for fines.........

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
@Broken Link Removed
we had a MH7 and they are nice. but R&M are really good build quality ( I have the R&M Delite Mountain)

If your decide on a R&M contact me first as I might be able to help

Eddie

PS you do realise your not going to have the sort of range on ebikes that you can on a scooter. If happy with that then fine (we are)

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
@Broken Link Removed
we had a MH7 and they are nice. but R&M are really good build quality ( I have the R&M Delite Mountain)

If your decide on a R&M contact me first as I might be able to help

Eddie

PS you do realise your not going to have the sort of range on ebikes that you can on a scooter. If happy with that then fine (we are)

Eddie, I will "pick" your knowledge when I have done some more reading. We will not miss the scooter as only went around 35km from the MH base and in the last 137 days in the UK used it 4 times, hence the sale. The R&M for me is more interesting, but open to ideas.....
Thanks for the help

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Eddie, I will "pick" your knowledge when I have done some more reading. We will not miss the scooter as only went around 35km from the MH base and in the last 137 days in the UK used it 4 times, hence the sale. The R&M for me is more interesting, but open to ideas.....
Thanks for the help

My advice would be to stick with full size bikes..,much nicer to ride.

I see the logic of getting the bikes inside but this really leads to a compromise if it means small wheeled bikes.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Thinking of buying us a Raleigh Motus each when next in Englishland! Reviews are very good with a range of up to 180kms!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When we were looking, looked at a Raleigh basically rebadged Gazells, not very impressed with the quality, but they are cheap.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
When we were looking, looked at a Raleigh basically rebadged Gazelles, not very impressed with the quality, but they are cheap.

And they are Bosch powered so far better then the average offering...

The range claim like any advertising BS. they do have a good range if you get the 400Ah battery. but that all depends on the terrain and your ability. Iff you ride on ECO all the time with the wind behind you, range will be over 100. but realistically 50'ish for most of us

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We've just bought two Kalkhoff bikes and a Burley Tail Wagon for our dog. They're brilliant! Even towing the Tail
Wagon and dog which, combined, must weigh around 30kg. I can go up really steep hills without even getting my bum out of the saddle.

My husbands bike goes up to 27 mph and mine about 15.5 mph (fast enough for me!)

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Thinking of buying us a Raleigh Motus each when next in Englishland! Reviews are very good with a range of up to 180kms!
We both got one and love them nearly 100 miles in less than 2 weeks

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Since getting our electric bikes a year ago the motorbike has hardly come out of the garage (650 Kawasaki). Really enjoy cycling again and anything within 15 or 20 miles is now cycling distance. Mines has done 1500 miles now.
This will be the last trip for the motobike we're changing it for a small scooter on our return. As a huge bike nut I never thought I'd say that but thats how good electric bikes are.
As Judgemental said if you can go for full size bikes much more usable than folders especially over longer distance.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
@Judgemental and @Forestboy we do have a cycle rake ( rated at 60Kg load ) I can put back on, but would like to put bikes in garage area as "out of sight out of mind" Both the models we are interested in are not folding ( other than the handle bar ), but only 20in wheels, which I have measured and fits a dream in the garage door and under our bed. I will be looking for some time yet before parting with the money so full size not out of the question yet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back