Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Recently had all our internal doors changed,so now need to fill the holes left by the old striker plates.
Carpenter suggested Ronseal white wood filler,but neglected to mention that it was a 2 part thing where you have to mix hardener with the filler and then you have 20 mins to use it :LOL:
I mixed the smallest amount they suggested,which should have done 2 door frames,but by time I'd done one it had gone off !!
What would you use ??.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I use Ronseal white-wood filler and hard-wood filler and just yesterday I noticed that my decorator uses it too.

He makes up a small amount and whacks it on, then when it has gone off he quickly sands it and makes up some more for the final fill, which doesn't need sanding. The job is done in minutes and I can't see where he has filled afterwards, brilliant.

I used to make up too much and then attempt the finished job in one hit which is where most people go wrong he tells me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I have to say,I have just sanded the one I did complete and it is the best I've ever done (y) It's just that with 10 more to do I don't relish doing it 'mix by mix' as it were.
Was kinda hoping someone would say that product X is just as good and doesn't need mixing :LOL:

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I was going to 'bin it' but,as a result of your replies,I went back to it and have now finished 5 door frames,leaving 5 to do tomorrow-thx for giving me the incentive (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back