Wondering if I can use this to bond solar mounts to roof (1 Viewer)

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Has anyone tried CT1? Saw a demo in a local factors it seemed pretty amazing! They say you can use it in wet & cold conditions, metal bar stuck to a brick & I couldn't smash it off! I'm waiting for warm sunny conditions (yeh right :) ) to stick my solar mounts on & am wondering if this might be the answer?
http://www.ct1ltd.com/en/ct1.html

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Can't get the video to load. If it's polyurethane based then it's probably ok. Plenty folks on here won't touch anything other than Sikoflex, I put my panels on with Tigerseal, it's the same stuff Bently race cars use to bond their panels on with, my neighbour recommended it, he subcontracts work for MSport and it's half the price of Sikoflex.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Remember it needs to be a flexible adhesive / sealant..
And you may want to remove it at some later stage...

When you can get Puraflex 40. From Toolstation at under £5 and it comes recommended why look for an alternative, unless you have it for free !! Sikaflex if maybe still the best known product.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It seems to dry quite quickly. The data sheet says it becomes tack free after 8 minutes, Sikaflex 512 takes 30 minutes, if I'm reading the data sheets correctly. This might have been a problem with my recent fit as even sticking down two mounts at a time it probably took more than 8 minutes to get the goo onto the roof in the right place.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
In cold weather put sikafex in bucket of hot water for a few minutes and it then flows from your caulking gun with ease.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Ive used CT1 to reseal (and stick in!) the windows on an Autosleeper van and also fix a tv aerial to the roof
Works really well - it was recommended by someone on the auto sleepers forum - maybe have look on there for it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back