Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Could one of the females on here please explain why so many cushions are needed?
My wife has them everywhere.We have a leather corner settee in our awning (we fulltime) and it has about 8 cushions,when i want to get in bed i have to remove cushions in the van and at home.On our two month break at the moment so am back at home.On our settes at home (two in the living room and two in the connie) there are lots of cushions.
My daughter also has cushions all over her bed so i am assumming it is a female thing.
To make matters worse my daughter works part time when not in college at dunhelm so gets a staff discount and they have lots of cushions :cry::cry::cry:
Dave

Last edited:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
It's not just a girly thing !!

I am a single male fulltiming and I have loads of cushions ! I too have to move them around before I make the bed up !!!.....See you at one of the meets perhaps !!! :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I love cushions and have loads on the beds and I love Dunhelm even more. Phew! What a shop! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
You guys should be pleased they still think about making the nest cosy :Blush:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have to admit I love cushion's as well, but to get away with it in the motorhome, I stuff the oblong ones with spare towels and the clean bedding no one ever notices.:thumb:

Amanda

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
shropshire
Funster No
MH
sundance 630g
Exp
since 2006 with my mom & dad
Moms been shopping today guess what for cushion's:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
From a bloke who knows his place and likes a quiet life and being fed regularly.....they just ARE!

Agree ,but its a pain moving them everytime i want to sit down or go to bed,And then to top it off i get moaned at if i dont put them back when i get up.:Doh::Doh::Doh:
Dave

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I`m a bloke an I like cushions cos when I`ve had a few they are handy for propping me up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
When I clamber into bed I chuck them over Lyns side of the bed. Lyn then moans that they are all over her side:Doh: I tell het that I don't even see the point of the things especially in our bedroom so lets bin 'em and that is wrong as well!

Don't do cushions I guess!

Eddie

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We like a cushion on our suite, it is leather and although really quite warm and comfy I have to admit it doesn't really look it, plus I aren't long enough from bum to knee to sit right back so need a cushion at my back. They make the corners of any sofa more snugly! - and if we ever should happen to want to study the inside of our eyelids and wish to place our head on the settee or chair arm to do that, nicer to have material next to the face than the leather!

We don't have any in the bedroom - only the actual seat cushion of the one wooden chair in there.

We have 2 really fat cusions in the lounge area of the van. They are the ones that came out of the caravan. The covers are dralon velvet and washable. Being dark brown they went with the interior of the motorhome so I treated em to a wash and there's an end to that!

There endeth our cushions. Not excessive?

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
We ladies like cushions – lots of them – everywhere

because they add the finishing touch to that well thought-out décor?
because they give the impression of homey and cosy?
because they make it possible (just) to sit in the lumpy old chair you won’t replace?
because they’re there to snuggle up to when you’re not?

No

because they make less mess than a kitchen knife if we feel the need to commit murder!

Well – you asked…

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
note to self avoid vans without cushions
but containing laides that appear innocent

the need of cushions i cant understand
always they seem to land on the floor
when i sit down:Blush::RollEyes::thumb:

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Thanks; that's wrecked this weekend's plans then ........

:Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh:

(from Mrs T on Mr T's puter! I've been lulling him into a false sense of security for years and years by only having a very few cushions and Mrs Shiftzz spoils it in a paragraph)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back