Woe, woe and thrice woe.

Discussion in 'Motorcycles and Motorhomes' started by TheTwoOfUs, Feb 16, 2016.

1. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

As Lurcio used to say " Woe, woe and thrice woe". Last week on Keeping Up With The Khans there was a scene filmed at a garage and for about 2 seconds in the background I spotted a Vincent Comet motorbike propped up against a wall. Determined to track it down I spent a couple of hours driving round the rather unsolubrious area of Sheffield called Page Hall. I went in all the shops featured on the programme and asked numerous people if they knew where the garage was, all to no avail. Back home I spent more hours scanning the area on Google Earth again without success. Then I had a brainwave, I brought a shop up on screen that I'd missed, got their phone number from their sign and managed to speak to the owner. He gave me the area of Sheffield where the garage was based, so back onto Google Earth and eventually I located it. This morning I jumped in the car, drove down there more in hope than expectation. Spoke to one of the guys there and my first woe was realised, the bike had gone. Then the second woe, there were two bikes both of which had gone. Then the third woe, the scrap man had taken them and they had been weighed in. What a waste. So I am writing this with tears running down my cheeks. (actually the last bit about the tears isn't true but the rest is).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Never mind they'd only breakdown anyway.;)

Good bit of detective work though.:)

Could you find next Saturdays winning lottery numbers for us, ta (y)(y)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Badknee

Badknee Funster

I wonder if the scrap man actually scrapped them? I've been in yards in the past with 'interesting' things carefully stashed away. You never know.

• Like Like x 1
  4. parknride

parknride Funster

A good detective would have got said scrapmans name????;) worth a try?

5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Saved !

From wasting your life working on a bike far inferior to just about any cheap bike in the showroom.

I sometimes look at cars I've owned then, than goodness, the brain kicks in and reminds me just how crap they were in the real world. My first car was an MG TC, I sold it for £200.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

There's something about old bikes Brian which doesn't necessarily transfer to old cars. My nephew has had all the high tech bikes from BeeEms to Ducatis but the bike of choice for the grin factor is his Norton 650 Dominator.

7. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

..................... as long as he has a friend to follow picking up oil tanks, mudguards, and teeth.

• Like Like x 1
  8. peter

peter Funster

I've got a 865cc Triumph Bonneville T100 2012. Looks better than the old one and goes a hell of a lot better. It will do well over the ton and doesn't piss oil everywhere and have bits falling off.:p

9. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

Nearly bought one in the '60's...........decided not to after I drove it.......scarily rubbish to drive......... steering, brakes:Eeek:

10. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Yeah....but then, most japanese 2stroke 250's from the 1980's and 90's would also pass 100mph, didnt leak oil or parts and didnt break down.