LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
@PhilG I have had a quick look around Holland/Denmark etc and there are a few about I do not want a nut and bolt concourse a one with sensible mods will fit the bill fine.
Dealing with the US is not an option I want to go down as I would have to go over there to have a look and I do not fancy that.
Early days just yet I will find the right one but the old A10 chair at Newark caught my eye all I need is a passenger any offers?:) And as you are younger than me I should be the rider LOL

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
i have a few mates in Germany, but everything there is silly money... and i will pass thanks.

Any offroad stuff at Newark?

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Yes some nice off road stuff all very heavy makes you wonder how they got them around the track Triumph 500 twin B40s and some AJs dot Greeves ah the good old days:D

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
too old for me, im after 80's and 90's stuff. We have the Telford Classic Offroad show next month to get giddy at , not hopeful of finding much though.

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Thanks Judy, went to Newark Classic today not much cop to be honest a lot of scooters the next biggest display was the BSA GOLD STAR owners club well they had a captive audience to bore to death about their priestinge orniments and how much they were worth, well to them anyway.
Did any one fancy the x75 for a mere 30k or the MH900 @30k but to be fair I did ask how many lira to the £ the bloke was from Yorkshire so he did not share my sense of humour :)
I was there too., first time I've been. I agree with your comments, I don't think it's a patch on the Stafford show. I enjoy looking round the stalls but so much of the stuff on display can be bought on ebay for the same money or less and you don't have to cart it around. The Goldies were nice though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Yes Stafford is 10x the show. Infact the Newark auto jumble is better than the classic lots more to look at.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
This winters project.
This rusty hulk is the worst it will be, from now on it can only get better

View attachment 140410

Soon to be one of these?

View attachment 140411
I spent a while chucking one those at the scenery of UK's best circuits ;)

trophies.jpg

It was also my road bike one winter ;)

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
It is nice to see some of the Jap stuff coming in to its own I suppose it is far superiour to a lot of British stuff most of which was made on ex MOD worn out machines and tooling but still nice to play with.

Reactions: f6c

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Pro-Am was great , but the Pro's didnt like getting their arses kicked.. was fun seeing them bring it back for the MotoGP weekend.. i used to ride MX in winter with a load of proddy guys, all batshit crazy.. no fear at all.

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Those LCs were out of the box racers got a lot of guys in to racing for not a lot of money can any one remember the cost of a new one?

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Those LCs were out of the box racers got a lot of guys in to racing for not a lot of money can any one remember the cost of a new one?
£1,100 :)

I bought my first for £1,000. Lad bought it brand new and fully track prepped it, then decided against it. Had about 80 miles on it :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back