Wished I'd never seen this van... (1 Viewer)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
image.jpg
image.jpg
Are you sure she's a 2002 model??? :eek: mines 2002 and looks a lot later than her.

View attachment 71767

davidandginny's 2002 Hymer is a 'Classic'
Wizzer59's 2002 is not a 'Classic' that is why they look different, look at the roof line!

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Could always go down this route, a German friend found this and a few others today! 30.000 euro...that's less than £22000 (or thereabouts) :rolleyes:

View attachment 71803

Thats the way to do it, as long as you don't mind leftys(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I know it's nice, and we were taken by it but we can't let this old lovely go for that price :).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If as lovely as you say and price right could have sold it on ebay quickly..less prevarication more action!:)

But dont get carried away... check it out properly!:(

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I was actually talking about mine:blush: but "she" does not have a name:doh:

No name? :rolleyes: Shame on you, show your true feelings :love:...she looks a bit of a Henrietta to me :).

PS... ours was named by previous owners and Ginny being a soppy sentimental think thought it would be bad luck not to keep it going :whistle:.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Eddie, buying from new looks pretty straightforward, secondhand seems a bit more daunting, unless using the likes of Bundesvan.
If you buy from a dealer I don't see the differance, and due to the low margins German dealers work on not a lot of difference between private & dealer prices.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
If you buy from a dealer I don't see the differance, and due to the low margins German dealers work on not a lot of difference between private & dealer prices.

I meant more from the problems of being able to view a secondhand van when your in the UK.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
@davidandginny, I'm a bit confused with your van, I've had a troll though the German sites and the changeover year for the front end was 2000 can not find any vans registered after 2000 with the older front end. Although it was a special edition Hymer would not build it on an out of date model, generally on Hymer's the chassis build date is within one month, two at the most of the conversion date.
I would think the original purchaser brought it from Campirama's stock and it had been around for a while. Should be able to check chassis build date from the VIN, and Hymer build date from the serial number, also both will be on the Certificates of Conformity.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Eddie, buying from new looks pretty straightforward, secondhand seems a bit more daunting, unless using the likes of Bundesvan.

Not a bit of it....either way you have to get rid of your van first unless LHD then you can PX

If lenny has seen same vans for £10,000 less kinda proves the point!lol:)

A cheap easy jet flight would have you there and back the same day....

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
@davidandginny, I'm a bit confused with your van, I've had a troll though the German sites and the changeover year for the front end was 2000 can not find any vans registered after 2000 with the older front end. Although it was a special edition Hymer would not build it on an out of date model, generally on Hymer's the chassis build date is within one month, two at the most of the conversion date.
I would think the original purchaser brought it from Campirama's stock and it had been around for a while. Should be able to check chassis build date from the VIN, and Hymer build date from the serial number, also both will be on the Certificates of Conformity.

Chassis number is ZFA24400007029084 The original bill of sale was signed in Aug 02 with Campirama and I have what they call the Certificate of Newness :rolleyes:, which also states 2002. The Fridge and Truma are also dated 2002 models on the their paperwork. I've been told by other Hymer owners that I have the later Fiat Dashboard?
Would be interested to know for sure though!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Not a bit of it....either way you have to get rid of your van first unless LHD then you can PX

If lenny has seen same vans for £10,000 less kinda proves the point!lol:)

A cheap easy jet flight would have you there and back the same day....

getting all precious about a current van a bit daft especially when you fancy changing it!lol Its worth what it's worth at the end of the day...the market will tell you the true value.

That being said. A van i had difficulty selling in the UK as it was wintertime. PX'd with German dealer for what I had been asking for here....that's the beauty of LHD you opt out of the rip off UK market altogether..

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
No name? :rolleyes: Shame on you, show your true feelings :love:...she looks a bit of a Henrietta to me :).

PS... ours was named by previous owners and Ginny being a soppy sentimental think thought it would be bad luck not to keep it going :whistle:.

Mmm its an inanimate object:cool: besides if I name it I won't be able to beat it with a branch when it don't work:p

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
getting all precious about a current van a bit daft especially when you fancy changing it!lol.

No...have a heart :love: it's been a good van and completely reliable (y) lots of nice memories :D...honestly, some people :rolleyes:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Chassis number is ZFA24400007029084 The original bill of sale was signed in Aug 02 with Campirama and I have what they call the Certificate of Newness :rolleyes:, which also states 2002. The Fridge and Truma are also dated 2002 models on the their paperwork. I've been told by other Hymer owners that I have the later Fiat Dashboard?
Would be interested to know for sure though!

This is my Dash
$_12.JPG

Well actually its not but its the same as mine:whistle:

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Plenty of B544 Classic (the older shape) 2002 reg in the UK, some even with the facelift cab (as pictured).
Didn't it change to the smiley front (but classic rear) in 2003 ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
@davidandginny, sent me a copy of the C of C and it does confirm the conversion date as March 2003, and it appears from what they say about their van that the only difference is the front molding and headlamps.

Edit:
I just ran a check on the VIN the 10th digit which is the year of manufacture is not recognised, a "0" or "O" are not permitted charters for a year code.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Madness buying German in UK
It's remarkable how quickly things have changed - just a couple of years ago, comparable Euro vans were cheaper here than the continent !
It's a great time to buy for sure !!

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
We only popped out to look at some awnings... but I couldn't resist a look around the used motorhomes and came across this lovely example of a 2007 B544 at just £31.499.

View attachment 71717

Just 24k on the clock and spotless. Ginny loved it as you can clearly see. We left and couldn't stop talking about it so today contacted them to see what they might offer for our 2002 B544 Classic on a part ex. 14k was the answer :cry:, can't let our beloved van go for that. So yes, wished I hadn't seen this :(.

View attachment 71729
Just spotted this;

Hymer B544 SL 2007

£57,461OTR

Read more at http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/reviews/motorhome/30187-hymer-b544-sl#1Rw1uBs3zBAAZakA.99
5658660-hymer-b544-sl-1.jpg

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oh dear looks like we are getting into the territory of one of my pet hates!lol giving inanimate objects pet names. For a start it borders on iconoclasm?

It's a tool, mode of transport a lump of metal.... I save my emotions for things with a pulse!!lol

Keep it, marry it whatever:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
@davidandginny, sent me a copy of the C of C and it does confirm the conversion date as March 2003, and it appears from what they say about their van that the only difference is the front molding and headlamps.

Edit:
I just ran a check on the VIN the 10th digit which is the year of manufacture is not recognised, a "0" or "O" are not permitted charters for a year code.

Cut and shut perhaps?:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It's remarkable how quickly things have changed - just a couple of years ago, comparable Euro vans were cheaper here than the continent !
It's a great time to buy for sure !!

Have been buying in Europe for almost 20 years...always been cheaper for us..

It won't last as £ well over valued. we have an economy built on personal debt and high street spending, andhouse price inflation. Its a bubble and a basket case.... No real investment whatsoever! Buy ASAP

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We need to get some bigger bait Eddie.:LOL:

Damn.......Find them a van they can't refuse maybe?:)

How about this David...what would you call it? I would go with pig ugly....do you think they luv it though? ( its not a funsters.. I checked!:))

(On phone in Italy so dont have full choice of e motions I'm afraid......its the phones reception not this site!)

IMG_20150810_174329.jpg

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
It's got a big screen apart from that I'm lost for words.:)

Note for Eddie:
On your phone use the menu button and request desktop site then you get full features.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back