Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Firstly let me say thank you all very much for the best wishes. It kinda helps knowing you have people on your side..
Unfortunately Lady Luck was not on our side . We have been delivered a crushing blow which I'm far to upset to talk about..

Thank you all very much.
Hi Charlie
We have never met but I wanted to say
When I had bad news(to me I thought it was the ens of my world)
I did talk about it and found the support on here was a real help.
There might be some funny buggers on here:)
But they all have great respect for people.
I wish you luck whatever your problem.

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
We hope that you can get to grips with it. We hope all goes well.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
@Charlie , have a rant if it helps. Write about how you're feeling. Then either post it... or don't. I've found that it helps me to write things down as though I'm telling someone - it helps me to sort out what's going on in my head. Doesn't mean I need to share it, though sometimes I feel I want to, and sometimes I just don't think it needs it.

All best wishes.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Charlie I am so sorry the news was not good, when you feel ready for whatever curved ball life has thrown you know your Funster friends will be here for whenever you feel like a rant or support .

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry to hear that you have problems. Hope that things get sorted out for you. Sending you positive thoughts.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Really hope you're ok @Charlie
The important thing is that you know you will have support on here if and when you feel like talking about it.
All the best

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Charlie I'm so sorry it was bad news but when your ready there is plenty of support on the forum you take care
Mark and Julie

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I had better explain...

My wife as some of you know is unwell... It became apparent last year that things were progressing in the wrong direction and the pressure to change from our house to a bungalow was upon us. So we put our house up for sale and it sold...

We were then let down twice in about four months.. It was a difficult time and I can understand why some would say it's not the end of the world and of course it wasn't. We then lost our buyer as they after all had waited long enough

Fast forward to this year.
We got the house sold again 14 weeks ago.. Found a bungalow and had an offer accepted . Four weeks later the seller dropped out leaving us to find another bungalow. Again not the end of the world to most but my wife's health was/ is taking a battering. She has started having panic attacks on top of all the crap she has already.

Anyway 6 or 7 weeks ago we find yet another bungalow. To us it's a dream property. For the first time in ages my wife was smiling ear to ear.

Things seemed to be progressing fine. The chain is short and seemed to be moving ok. On Thursday last week things started to go wrong. We were supposed to exchange contracts on Friday. My wife on Thursday had a severe panic attack like none I've seen before. I had to dial 999 as it was so severe I could not cope. It is no exaggeration to say I was scared to death and feared the worst. The ambulance people were amazing and got things under control.

Friday the day of exchange... It never happened. Were were given much bull but it never happened. We were told exchange should happen Monday . What an awful stressful weekend. Wife most unwell..

Monday. Even with all the wishes of luck once again it never happened. Distraught now. We are packed here and are living among cardboard boxes full of our kit. We were told exchange should happen Tuesday which is of course today.

Well you guessed it its fallen through.

We up till today were reliably informed that all four parties in the chain us being one had laid out for searches solicitors land registry surveys and all the rest of it and all were ready to go. Today we are informed that the first time buyers at the bottom of the chain have not paid the deposit . Have not signed and submitted thier contract. So it's looking extremely bad....

If it were just me I would throw in the towel. But my overriding priority is my wife. I'm now severely depressed but that doesent matter it's my wife that is my concern.

I'm usually a pretty resilient bloke but I'm on my knees just now. I'm usually the strong person in our family the one who people turn to. I have nowhere to go and I'm stuck.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I suggest you unpack all your stuff and go back to your normal life.

Stick the house back on the market and make it clear that you will need 4 weeks between exchange of contracts and completion.

Then only pack the ruddy stuff back into boxes when you exchange contracts and not before.

Living out of boxes is probably causing half the stress.

Having had our house upside down with builders in for the last few months I can see how it affects you.

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Charlie I really feel for you to full through once is bad but several times is just crawl I hope things full in to place soon for you and your wife take care
Mark and Julie

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Charlie, so painful for you both. Keep strong for your wife , she needs you more now to pull through a terrible time and nothing much more stressful than moving house .
It will happen for you , think positive .

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I suggest you unpack all your stuff and go back to your normal life.

Stick the house back on the market and make it clear that you will need 4 weeks between exchange of contracts and completion.

Then only pack the ruddy stuff back into boxes when you exchange contracts and not before.

Living out of boxes is probably causing half the stress.

Having had our house upside down with builders in for the last few months I can see how it affects you.

Chris it's not that simple. As I said above I would throw in the towel but it's not my health that's deteriorating. I must admit I am very depressed and am if I'm totally honest struggling. But it's perhaps me bieng selfish feeling so bad.

We do of course have no real option though but to do as you advise. This means it's going to be hard to get away. We shelved our plans to go away already due to what's been going on now if looks like for the foreseeable it's standby again..

Lots of time. Emotion and money invested for nowt.

The money is not the concern though but still I'm buggered if I can work out why this stupid system allows such let downs and grief...

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Chris it's not that simple. As I said above I would throw in the towel but it's not my health that's deteriorating. I must admit I am very depressed and am if I'm totally honest struggling. But it's perhaps me bieng selfish feeling so bad.

We do of course have no real option though but to do as you advise. This means it's going to be hard to get away. We shelved our plans to go away already due to what's been going on now if looks like for the foreseeable it's standby again..

One thing I can't understand is why two people and by that I mean the party that is the bottom of the chain allow the rest of us to shell out for solicitors surveyors land registry searches and all the rest of it when they had no intention to complete.. It's baffling me . I know we aren't the first or the last to experience this of course...

The money is not the concern though but still I'm buggered if I can work out why this stupid system allows such let downs and grief...

I agree.

I forgot to add to my earlier post that you should just assume that at least one party in the chain are time wasters.

Maybe delay your survey / searches a bit next time?

Let the rest of the chain wait for you for once.

Good luck - it will happen(y)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I feel for you Charlie, a distressing time selling property at the best of times without the added distress of health issues, more so when there is more than one other party involved and if it can go wrong it will. Easy for any of us to say but you can do nothing about it but to try and soldier on and be strong and be there for your wife, if she can get some positive support from you it will make it easier for both of you.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Charlie that is one heck of a curled ball you have had thrown you, I think @Chris has given some good advice worth thinking about, maybe putting it back slightly more minimal if you know what I mean so that next time not so much to do.
Does your wife cope all right with the motorhome, would it be possible to get away shortly sounds as if you need a break, like you say with cars you need to look at the engine and at the moment that's what you are, the engine, don't be afraid to ask for help or at least post a rant now and then much better than holding every thing in.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I agree.

I forgot to add to my earlier post that you should just assume that at least one party in the chain are time wasters.

Maybe delay your survey / searches a bit next time?

Let the rest of the chain wait for you for once.

Good luck - it will happen(y)

Chris. We have our buyer and the bottom of the chain is the first time buyer.

Both parties had thier surveys done many weeks ago when we had our offer accepted on a property. They had also instructed solicitors and I think but not sure had the land registry thing done. So they had invested.

The property then fell through. Our purchase that was.

So having found another property ourselves about six weeks ago why would we wait ? The people we were to buy off by the way we're going into rented.

So a short chain. First timers. Our buyer. Us. And our vendor.

In effect mate they were waiting for us.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Charlie; The day before our last move I was whisked into hospital with a heart problem.
Hang on in there it will be difficult but you and your good lady can do it.
pm on the way
Roger (Teddybard)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Charlie, sorry to hear your bad news. I hope that getting it off your chest on here has helped a little and that it all gets sorted very soon.
Ditto.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Chris. We have our buyer and the bottom of the chain is the first time buyer.

Both parties had thier surveys done many weeks ago when we had our offer accepted on a property. They had also instructed solicitors and I think but not sure had the land registry thing done. So they had invested.

The property then fell through. Our purchase that was.

So having found another property ourselves about six weeks ago why would we wait ? The people we were to buy off by the way we're going into rented.

So a short chain. First timers. Our buyer. Us. And our vendor.

In effect mate they were waiting for us.

What went wrong then?

Someone was bullshitting weren't they?

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
With the amount of good wishes sent you should be good. Mine as well

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
So sorry to read of all those problems.
We are in the process of selling at this very moment. Thankfully our buyer has nothing to sell and we are going to go live in France and get son to find a small place while we are away and then we will pop back with cheque book ready.
But it is still a nightmare of papers and questions and searches and donations to solicitors and estate agents.
I never want to do it again.
As others have said feel free to rant here and lower the stress level that way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back