Wiring to back of cigar lighter in Peugeot Boxer 2010 (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I have fitted wireless rear parking sensors and the display unit currently plugs into the cigar lighter but it does not provide a reliable connection. (Being gelcoating this morning from when it wasn't reliable). Anyway I want to wire it permanently into a 12V/Ground but don't want to use the radio connections as the radio quality is so poor already when the engine is running though I realise they are all connected at some point.
Does anyone know how to get access to the rear of the cigar lighter to connect to that or is there any where else I pick up power from.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Simplest way is to get a piggyback break out fuse from Halfords or e bay and chose either ignition live or permanent live in your fuse box and use a body earth near the fuse box for the neg -
like simply choose your circuit take out the fuse and plug the piggy back in and replace the original fuse (in the right slot) and another fuse suited to what your doing with the extra circuit you have created bearing in mind fuse ratings
Make sure you know what your tapping into as its no good if it only works when the rear fogs are on:rolleyes::LOL:
But this way you can simply un plug and try another as your not cutting into anything
G

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Excellent little gizmo just ordered 4 always adding things to van and bikes just makes it so easy.
Thanks @Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks. That does make the connection easier. I currently have the display which is only about 8 cm*2 cm sitting in the cubby hole above the radio and was going to feed the wires through the back but maybe I should move it to somewhere else to make it easier to get the wires to the fusebox.

p.s. Don't ever buy a van that is non-white. Trying to gelcoat to match the off-white/cream colour of my van when the colours available on the website look very different on my PC screen to my ipad screen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back