Wiring Question

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by BravoTwoZero, Mar 29, 2016.

1. BravoTwoZero

BravoTwoZero Funster

I have a 2015 Elddis Majestic 115 and have just noticed an unconnected cable in a cupboard next to the side door. The photo below shows the cable in question which appears to slot into a holder on the left hand side.To the left of the cupboard is the fridge and the cable connected on the floor is labelled fridge. Should the left cable be connected to something. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. tjay

tjay Funster

It could be the electrical connection for the ALDE heating when fitted !!

3. Speve

Speve Funster

Looks like a 2nd leisure battery connector? But don't add one until you have checked that's what it is.

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

I suspect its the fridge 230v supply, which has been unplugged for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

Is the cable that is looped over on the floor connected or just looped back into the hole in the floor. If not does it connect to the plug above it, the white back box mounted on the wall looks like a connection box for the two cables however the cover is missing or just out of picture shot. It would be very strange for the cable looped back into the floor to be actually connected and would be a very poor installation to leave such a loop stuck in the air to be snagged or damaged.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BravoTwoZero

BravoTwoZero Funster

Thank you for the advice.

I had thought the looped cable was connected to the floor but will have a closer look tomorrow. This is beginning to make sense as the fridge has performed poorly when on ehu. A thermometer I placed in the fridge has shown no lower than 10 degrees. As the light inside the fridge was on I put it down to the low ambient temperature (the instructions say surprisingly that below 10 degrees the fridge may not perform well). I wonder if the two cables should be connected and the fridge light has been working off 12v when on ehu.

7. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

I'm stunned by the sheer professionalism of the manufacturer in leaving cables stuck through the middle of a cupboard - one without a label.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BravoTwoZero

BravoTwoZero Funster

I agree, not impressed. Should have spotted it earlier though !

9. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

yes fridge 240v feed cable. the plug is to enable easier servicing.

the light in the fridge is 12v from the leisure battery

• Like Like x 1
  10. BravoTwoZero

BravoTwoZero Funster

The photo will be emailed to Elddis tomorrow and I will ask for their view on the workmanship. It also confirms the comments of others than there are no pre-delivery checks at the dealer.

Thanks again to everyone.:)

11. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I think that's it. The cable looping down the hole should be connected to the white plug, possibly inside the white box with the missing lid. The clue might be the label on the looped cable. If it says fridge then connect it to the fridge. :)

May have been unconnected at some time to allow the fridge to be removed for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. BravoTwoZero

BravoTwoZero Funster

Just been to check the cables and the looped one has just been pushed back into the floor and is not connected to anything. I have connected the two cables together and will now be calling Elddis and the dealer re getting a cover for the box. Very poor workmanship!

• Like Like x 2