Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
A Class.
Exp
Newcomer.
Could the electrical expert please help me with the wiring on the Split charge relay on my Pilote R750. The old one has markings thus:- small terminals W1 and W2, large terminals C2 and C3. The new one has the markings thus:- small terminals 85 and 86 large terminals G and 30. They are both Lucas SRB600 33RA units. There wasn't a wiring diagram in the box with the new one.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site. A relay is just a switch, one pair of wire activates the switch, so irrespective of what is written on them only one pair will allow continuity through the other pair. Typically power from the ingition (I.e. only live when ignition is switched on) operates the coil which then activates the switch. simple to test with a battery.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Picture worth a thousand words

srb600_series_wiring_diagram_large.gif

85 + 86 relay coil , 12v

G + 30 , switch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the electrical systems on modern vans are complicated, if people fail to understand simple diagrams then they could be ill equipped to deal with problems arising. fitting a relay is straight forward ONLY if one understands the how and why. How else do you trace wires if you have no idea what they are connected to. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. There are times when trying to help can be doing someone a disservice. If in doubt pay a professional to do it, its cheaper in the long run.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
the electrical systems on modern vans are complicated, if people fail to understand simple diagrams then they could be ill equipped to deal with problems arising..

Exactly, I totally agree Roger, hence my only posting a relay wiring diagram to supplement your post. I am reticent about posting fault finding procedures or instructions for using a DMM.
In the event of an accident, who will be held accountable ?

Same with questions about gas systems, adding an extra battery, etc

Would a medical doctor give on-line diagnosis and a remedy ..? NO, he would refer you to your GP ..

We want to help, pass on our experience and knowledge , but where do we draw the line.. ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back