Free Member
Mar 1, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Stealth Camper/LWB Hi Top
Exp
Hello people of the internet!

I'm in the early stages of converting my LWB High Top LDV Maxus into a stealth camper. I'm trying to complete a wiring diagram but I am a complete novice. I have never converted a camper before and I have minimal experience with wiring on this scale so I'm looking (more begging) for some help and guidance. I have attached the diagram I came up with, but here is a description of the setup.

I plan to run a cable from the starter battery (connected to the alternator) through a split charge relay and a fuse and to the leisure battery. This is so the leisure battery can gain charge from the alternator. I also plan on running a line from two solar panels (2 x 150w) to the leisure battery through solar controllers, so that the solar panels do not over charge the batteries and cause damage. This will be run through the same line as the power coming from the alternator and run through the same fuse. (unsure of what fuse I would need for this, any recommendations are welcome).
Then for the means of a hook up I plan on using a 12V battery charger with a built in power controller (to prevent over charge) which can be connected to the mains and will be wired directly to the leisure battery terminals.

Then run a cable from the + terminal of the leisure battery through a consumer unit (6a trip switch) which will feed directly to low power LED lights, the hob ignition and to a Sine Wave 12V to 240V power inverter. The cable will then run from the inverter, through the consumer unit (32a trip switch) and lead to the sockets for the appliances.

I would like to also have a battery power monitoring gauge but I have no idea where to wiring it into (and I can't find one!). Do I just run it directly off the battery terminals?

Furthermore, I plan on having 2 leisure batteries wired in parallel to keep them at 12V.
Please advice me as best you can, this is my first time doing anything like this. All help is welcome.

Attachments

• 12789833_10153922481884631_1245203262_o.jpg
    12789833_10153922481884631_1245203262_o.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 97
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Looking at his SLD, he's got both positives of the leisure batteries connected - no worries. For the negatives he's got one battery tied to chassis earth, the other battery neg is going back to the power controller. As it stands, you'll have one battery leading, the other lagging - one doing all the work. Just needs a short piece of 16mm - 25mm cable for true parallel.
It could just be that he's missed a line off the SLD. (y)
sorry i missed that

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back