wireless mouse (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
its been a long time since i bought or even researched computer accessories and need advice.

is there such a thing as a truly wireless mouse ?
one which DOESNT need a plug-in adaptor.

nothing more annoying than a plastic carbunkle sticking out the side or back of the laptop if you're moving around.....a breakage waiting to happen.

laptop is obviously wifi enabled.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
We have a couple John..... and the bit that plugs into the puter only sticks out about half an inch..

Never knocked or broke one yet.. :xThumb:

Like this =
shopping

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We have a couple John..... and the bit that plugs into the puter only sticks out about half an inch..

Never knocked or broke one yet.. :xThumb:

Like this =
shopping
Sue and I both use wireless mice with our laptops - that are always on the move - and also have not had a problem damaging the small USB receiver.

KeithMak

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
South West
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
This: Link Removed
Available elsewhere at lower cost.

Does not move just sits there, perfect for small working area where not enough room to swing a mouse.

Thumb moves ball (cursor), index finger left click, second finger right click, scroll wheel and scroll wheel click programmable

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Why so important to have a wireless one, we use a Logitech B100 corded mouse, cost around £5.50 and does the job just fine. We've had ours 7 years and still going strong.(y)

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Why so important to have a wireless one, we use a Logitech B100 corded mouse, cost around £5.50 and does the job just fine. We've had ours 7 years and still going strong.(y)
i'm using a corded mouse at the moment, having the mouses tail trailing about is a pain and when i move to another place the wire has to be coiled to prevent it catching on stuff, plus i have to be careful not to snag the USB plug and break it....or more importantly, the socket.
cordless mouse shoved in pocket, laptop in hand, i can go anywhere with ease.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I've had a Logitech M535 Bluetooth mouse for about a year, use it all the time. Importantly for me, it works on every surface I've ever tried. It works great, but has a hiccup at bootup when the bluetooth is sorting itself out with the headphones. Just wait a few seconds and it's all OK. The battery lasts for weeks. If I lost this I'd go straight out and buy another.

I've had the USB type that sticks out about 5 mm, and they work fine too. Literally wore the last one out, I use a mouse with the laptop all the time. The battery used to last about a week at most.

Just remember you can't use wireless on a plane. I'd take a wired mouse, but I'm only ever on short flights so not really worth it to me.

I don't suppose you'll use it on a metal table, but the wireless signal can be absorbed and may struggle to get through. Worse with a wireless USB mouse though.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just remember you can't use wireless on a plane. I'd take a wired mouse, but I'm only ever on short flights so not really worth it to me.
Don't see why not planes have WiFi these days, during take off and landing wireless would have to be turned off.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Don't see why not planes have WiFi these days, during take off and landing wireless would have to be turned off.
Possibly because one could be on the same frequency as the aircraft systems & could interfere with the controls ?
Me, I wouldn't let them use anything on the plane. Bad enough the systems are wireless in the first place.:( Hopefully it is all better than the 'fly by wire' in most cars .:xsad:

You need to get that 50p on the 'Morning Funster' thread with @Jenben :xlaugh:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've had a Logitech M535 Bluetooth mouse for about a year, use it all the time. Importantly for me, it works on every surface I've ever tried. It works great, but has a hiccup at bootup when the bluetooth is sorting itself out with the headphones. Just wait a few seconds and it's all OK. The battery lasts for weeks. If I lost this I'd go straight out and buy another.

I've had the USB type that sticks out about 5 mm, and they work fine too. Literally wore the last one out, I use a mouse with the laptop all the time. The battery used to last about a week at most.
Thats one of my questions answered ... I've had wireless mouses in the past but they always gobble batteries so its interesting that a bluetooth one doesn't ... can you replace the battery in them though when it needs it or are the 'built' in ... I've just had a look on Currys website and some of them have a 2 year battery life!

Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Forget that ... just found this one with replaceable batteries:

Link Removed

This one might suit better though ... nice colour!

Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That is disgusting @Techno ... you'll embarrass the poor mouse showing it 'naked'!!! :xgrin:

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Thats one of my questions answered ... I've had wireless mouses in the past but they always gobble batteries so its interesting that a bluetooth one doesn't ... can you replace the battery in them though when it needs it or are the 'built' in

Yes the Logitech M535 Bluetooth mouse takes a single AA battery. A rechargable lasts for weeks, a non-rechargable would probably last months.

I had a Microsoft mouse with built-in battery, charged every few weeks via a standard phone USB lead. Worked very well, even on a glass table. The button switch packed up after a few months though.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Forget that ... just found this one with replaceable batteries:

Link Removed

There really is something badly wrong with the world ... if I wanted to post that to Minxy, forgetting the packaging etc it would probably cost me 3 or 4 quid in the post office. That mouse is coming from China. It's crossing half the world to be delivered by, you guessed it - the post office, for £4.19. :xsad:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Went to the car boot/market this morning and had a rummage round one of the market stalls of a chap who gets returns etc from Argos and the like, in one of his boxes I found a wireless mouse! Took a risk as you never know if the things will work or not ... yeah ... it does!!! :xThumb:

Its also got the extra buttons on the left side (5 buttons in total) so I've programmed the extra 2 to move up/down the page rather than have to keep using the scroll wheel (which is painful for my fingers to do!) ... only cost me £3! :xgrin:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
rather than have to keep using the scroll wheel (which is painful for my fingers to do!)

I have a brilliant Logitech wired mouse with Hyper-Fast Scrolling. The scroll wheel is heavy and the detent can be turned off then you give it a flick and it scrolls forever.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
BTW Lidl had a wireless mouse for £6 in today.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I have a brilliant Logitech wired mouse with Hyper-Fast Scrolling. The scroll wheel is heavy and the detent can be turned off then you give it a flick and it scrolls forever.
On a lot of mouses (doesn't seem right calling them mice!) if you click the scroll wheel you can move page up/down without having move the mouse a lot and control the speed too.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I have the 6 button wireless Technet M002X, although they seem to have dropped the X now. Ergon erggo eargo, nicely shaped, on/off switch which saves the single AA battery, last for months and I use mine a lot. here's a youtube of what looks the same without the X. Around a tenner on ebay

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back