LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
After getting a new laptop for Christmas (now one each), the next step was to sort out internet access. We have a contract with '3' for 3gig download for £7.50 per month.

As we are thinking of changing our contract 'phone we thought of getting a 'phone that we could also use for internet access on the new laptop. On making enquiries we were told of a Wireless Modem N06HN 3 PAYG Mobile Wi-Fi available from Maplins. We had the idea of using the sim card out of our contract 3 mobile in this modem, and then we could share it. Bought it for £49.00 and tried it - we are over the moon, as we can both have internet access at the same time for £7.50/month. We are not into downloading music or films so the 3gig is enough for us at the moment.

It's probably not a new idea for some but it was for us and we wanted to share it.

Unfortunately we couldn't use it at the New Year Meet as no '3' signal, but making up for lost time now.

Nigel and Pamala

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Nigel

You could have saved some dosh by simply creating an ad hoc wireless network.

At one point we had three laptops sharing the one connection from an unlocked dongle with an O2 iPhone sim .. free internet for a year after activation and a £10 top up..

jim

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Bought it for £49.00 and tried it - we are over the moon
Unfortunately we couldn't use it at the New Year Meet as no '3' signal,
Nigel and Pamala

Too easy.

Buy - plug in - work.

Nah, that'll never catch on.

I wasted a £10 top up on my 3 dongle - no hint of signal. Hell, I could have bought 'er indoors another glass of wine for that :-(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Too easy.

Buy - plug in - work.

Nah, that'll never catch on.

I wasted a £10 top up on my 3 dongle - no hint of signal. Hell, I could have bought 'er indoors another glass of wine for that :-(

expensive taste in wine then brian.....could have bought shirl 2 bottles for less

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
expensive taste in wine then brian.....could have bought shirl 2 bottles for less

I'm not joking. My eyes watered every time I bought a glass. It really gets to me when I pay the price of a full bottle for a small glass of wine.

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Thanks for the tip Jim, but we only know the basic of basics about computers and wouldn't even know where to start, we even have problems knowing which buttons to press and when on this new thingy.

Nigel and Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back