jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I fancy putting wire drawers into our kitchen cabinet so I can more easily access things and I thought I'd got the exact kit to do it from B&Q. All the measurements looked absolutely fine but I hadn't accounted for the fact that the gas bottle storage intrudes in the back of the cupboard. This means that I would need drawers that were a maximum 340mm from back to front! Have been looking online and can't find anything suitable as these are made for household fitted kitchen units which are a lot deeper. Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I could achieve this or where to get the correct sized drawers??

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Looked in Ikea recently on the way home from somewhere and they had all sorts of wire baskets and drawer runners and things. Might be worth a look if you have one near you, we haven't. :Sad:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Instead of wire baskets, what about some plastic storage ones from Ikea - they make a range called 'Trofast' which come in various sizes so you should be able to find something of the right size and simply fit them on some wooden runners. This would enable you to easily remove them to fill them up, clean them or 'find' something!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/series/19027/

Alternatively, use some short length drawer runners like these:

Link Removed

and make your own drawers, or adapt some existing ones - I had to do this when I used some ex-kitchen base units to make a vanity unit for our bathroom and changed the drawer runners for shorter ones and adapted the drawer accordingly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Mel

Have looked at the Ikea storage you suggested and it looks as if it will do the job. We will have to cut the unit down a bit but it will still leave plenty of room for a couple of storage boxes to fit in. Thanks very much for the suggestion:thumb:.

OP
OP
J

jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help (and jokes). I hope this will be useful to someone else too. :thanks:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Mel

Have looked at the Ikea storage you suggested and it looks as if it will do the job. We will have to cut the unit down a bit but it will still leave plenty of room for a couple of storage boxes to fit in. Thanks very much for the suggestion:thumb:.

I was mainly intending you to just get the boxes themselves, the unit isn't anything special, just simple wooden battens/frame would do the job if needs be.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back