Winterising the Sundance 590RS (2012 )

Discussion in 'Swift Motorhomes' started by Bohenny, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Bohenny

Bohenny

Having located the place where the water pump is situated I am now wondering why the handbook doesn't mention that it is boxed in inside the forward floor locker when it advises you to disconnect it, etc.
    My handbook was issued in July 2011 .....
    Just wondering if there is some discrepancy here because I only bought the motorhome 10 weeks ago and it is new.

2. john1215

john1215 Read Only Funster

Bohenney,

It's been a while since you posted and I'm surprised you've had no replies. I have a Swift Escape and to winterise I have to pull the bung out of the fresh water tank, make sure the pump is turned off. Open the drain off cock under the front bunk and open all of the taps and drain off the waste water tank. I wonder if there is a misunderstanding of the term "disconnect the water pump". It doesn't sound logical to physically disconnect the pump I would have thought that ensuring it is turned off and draining it would suffice. I'm not an expert but having done much the same with a caravan for over 20 years, it can't be much different.

john1215

3. pablomc

pablomc Funster Life Member

Never removed the pump on our 2010 Swift Sundance 630L with the pump in a similar location (Mind you I can't remember any advice in the manual suggesting it either). Just made sure the system was drained down and the pump run to clear any water in it. Suspect the advice is more the manufacturer covering in the event of warranty claims.

4. Bohenny

Bohenny

Thanks folks
    I ended up phoning the dealer and they agree with you both
    It was just the pictures of how to remove the filter under the heading " winterising" that worried me
    We are all drained down and a small tube heater installed just in case!
    Cheers
    C. Bohenny

• Like Like x 1