Winter Temperatures in North/South Spain? (1 Viewer)

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi Everyone

We are heading down to Spain for Xmas (down the east coast / Med), but we are not sure how far south to go.

What is the typical temperature difference between the North and South Spain->
Barcelona / Valencia / Malaga?

What sort of temperatures can I expect in the day/night, what is a typical day time temperature if the sun is out (reach 20C?) & how cold when the sun drops, hopefully a lot less rain than the UK?

Thanks

N&K

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

Your best bet for decent weather in Spain at Xmas is Almeria in the SE corner, it is the driest part of Spain, (they made the spaghetti westerns here) , we spent Xmas 2006 there, daytime temp into the low 20s, night time below freezing..

There is a good site at Roquetas de Mar

Google map
roquetas de mar - Google Maps

Last edited:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Camp site

I also recommend Roquetas der Mar (Under Almeria in the Caravan Club book). We have stayed there for a month either Jan or Feb for the past few years and there is a good but small Brit 6 contingent there. I usually get to wear my shorts every day but like
everywhere it will get overcast and cool at times. have a good trip and may see you there as we leave on 6 Jan 09:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
I also recommend Roquetas der Mar (Under Almeria in the Caravan Club book). We have stayed there for a month either Jan or Feb for the past few years and there is a good but small Brit 6 contingent there. I usually get to wear my shorts every day but like
everywhere it will get overcast and cool at times. have a good trip and may see you there as we leave on 6 Jan 09:thumb:

Hi, this is great info, thanks. Unfortunately we wont see you, we leave Dec 6th and come back Jan 5th. We'll wave to you going the other way :ROFLMAO:

Is this the site you stay in ? Link Removed

We are in the Caravan Club, but dont have the Euro book? Is it worth getting? I have the ACSI card and DVD with euro campsites, which is great to search for winter sites.

N&K :thumb:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi, this is great info, thanks. Unfortunately we wont see you, we leave Dec 6th and come back Jan 5th. We'll wave to you going the other way :ROFLMAO:

Is this the site you stay in ? Link Removed

We are in the Caravan Club, but dont have the Euro book? Is it worth getting? I have the ACSI card and DVD with euro campsites, which is great to search for winter sites.

N&K :thumb:

Hi

That was the site we stayed on.. close to the beach and a lovely walk along to the port of Aguadulce.. good cycling too.. all along the bay to Roquetas

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back