Winter Temperatures in North/South Spain?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by N&K, Nov 9, 2008.

1. N&K

N&K

Hi Everyone

We are heading down to Spain for Xmas (down the east coast / Med), but we are not sure how far south to go.

What is the typical temperature difference between the North and South Spain->
    Barcelona / Valencia / Malaga?

What sort of temperatures can I expect in the day/night, what is a typical day time temperature if the sun is out (reach 20C?) & how cold when the sun drops, hopefully a lot less rain than the UK?

Thanks

N&K

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

Your best bet for decent weather in Spain at Xmas is Almeria in the SE corner, it is the driest part of Spain, (they made the spaghetti westerns here) , we spent Xmas 2006 there, daytime temp into the low 20s, night time below freezing..

There is a good site at Roquetas de Mar

Google map
    roquetas de mar - Google Maps

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  3. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

Camp site

I also recommend Roquetas der Mar (Under Almeria in the Caravan Club book). We have stayed there for a month either Jan or Feb for the past few years and there is a good but small Brit 6 contingent there. I usually get to wear my shorts every day but like
    everywhere it will get overcast and cool at times. have a good trip and may see you there as we leave on 6 Jan 09:thumb:

4. N&K

N&K

Hi, this is great info, thanks. Unfortunately we wont see you, we leave Dec 6th and come back Jan 5th. We'll wave to you going the other way :Rofl1:

Is this the site you stay in ? Camping Bungalows Roquetas - Roquetas de Mar (Almería) Andalucía - Spain

We are in the Caravan Club, but dont have the Euro book? Is it worth getting? I have the ACSI card and DVD with euro campsites, which is great to search for winter sites.

N&K :thumb:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

That was the site we stayed on.. close to the beach and a lovely walk along to the port of Aguadulce.. good cycling too.. all along the bay to Roquetas