Free Member
Nov 4, 2013
GRIMSBY
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
Since 2013
Can anybody help ! we have a Bessacarr E760 Motorhome and would like some advise on the best time to empty the water system for winter, we are still using the vehicle on the odd weekend but due to the frosty evening we are getting a little worried. Thanks

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We use ours every other weekend through the winter. Sometimes we might not use it for 3 weeks for what ever reason. All we do is empty the tanks and leave the taps open. Whenever we put it back in storage , no hook up so no heater. We've never had a problem with burst pipes. We always open all the cupboards wardrobes and drawers. Every time too. Saying that we do it in the summer too.

Just realised your new! Welcome to the club:thumb:::bigsmile:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ben44

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
manchester
Funster No
MH
Ace Award Morningstar
Exp
I'm a newbie
Also interested in hearing advice on this question. I'm a very recent owner and have only taken one trip so far and am hoping to get another one in before it gets too cold. should i then think about putting away for winter?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Also interested in hearing advice on this question. I'm a very recent owner and have only taken one trip so far and am hoping to get another one in before it gets too cold. should i then think about putting away for winter?

You dont need to put it away, there are still places to go and clubs that have weekend meets like the MCC (motorcaravanners club).. I see you are in Manchester, straight away places like Chester, southport and Lytham st Anne's have overnight parking area's if you wanted a night away.
Certainly now you should be draining water out the tanks and boilers, leave taps open and the blade on the toilet a little open (to stop it sticking) it's getting a bit close to freezing now at night and could easily be caught out.
Remember if you re-fill to use the van to bleed all the air from the pipes by operating pump and leting the air out..
If you want to use in real cold weather where you know it will go below zero then leave van drained down and carry a seperate container of water that you can use for Tea making, washing up etc....
Our coldest night was for a Christmas meal meet 2 years ago.. Went to -18 !!!! Not recommended but we had paid for the meals and there was free wine..:winky:

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I like the last bit......

Remember we offer a full Habitiation service for £195 for Single Axle Vehicles and £295 for Tag Axle Vehicles (including a free drain down for winter)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back