Winter sites in Bosnia /Croatia? (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Having trouble finding any at all.particularly northwest of Sarajevo which was the route we wanted to take.
Does anyone know anywhere else to look apart from camper contact and park 4 night both of which draw blanks in the top half of Bosnia and Croatia. Searchforsites and general Google search not bringing anything either.
Prefer not to have to have to use motel car parks which is what has been suggested online.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
There are hubdreds of small camperstops along the side of the main coastal road in Croatia, few of which appeared in Campercontact. Often attached to bars, restaurants and private houses. I can't imagine they all close in the winter.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks yes I saw those. I'm trying to find sites between Budapest and Sarajevo. The only ones I got d were two in Serbia but don't want to go the expense of paying £120 insurance to enter that country.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
Hi Guys.
Near Sarajevo we stayed at the old winter Olympics ski jump site. Check out the details on our 2015 map page in our blog.
We have often stayed in restaurant car parks. We ask if we can stay the night if we have a meal their. They always say yes and we have had some great meals for a reasonable price. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
This is bunyip I think I'll have to do this
Partner hates not knowing where we're staying that night so he'll have to come out of his comfort zone x

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks yes I saw those. I'm trying to find sites between Budapest and Sarajevo. The only ones I got d were two in Serbia but don't want to go the expense of paying £120 insurance to enter that country.
Why do you have to pay £120 for Serbia. I have travelled through Serbia several times and have not paid anything.
Just showed my insurance at the border.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I have been told my car insurance wont extend into non European countries and the minimum that they sell at the border is £120

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back