WINTER ROUTE TO THE SUN (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
We are leaving on 21st December and heading for some sunshine in southern Spain and Portugal. Destinations are where we fancy when we get there but advice on tried and tested routes would be gladly received together with any stopovers, preferably camp-sites, which will be open at that time of year not to far from the motorway.

OP
OP
Clever Claire
Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
That's brilliant, thanks. If anyone else is following this thread campsites along the way would be appreciated. We will go San Sebastian, Burgos, Madrid, Cordoba, Seville into Portugal and then head home north ish along the coast of Spain probably as far as Valencia before heading back to San Sebastian and home by early Feb.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
That's brilliant, thanks. If anyone else is following this thread campsites along the way would be appreciated. We will go San Sebastian, Burgos, Madrid, Cordoba, Seville into Portugal and then head home north ish along the coast of Spain probably as far as Valencia before heading back to San Sebastian and home by early Feb.

Burgos well worth a visit,,good site in city,,also Aranjuez just south of Madrid,,again nice site in city..enjoy..and don't miss Caseras and Evora. BUSBY.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
There is a campsite just near the border of France and Spain near St Jean de Luz called Larouleta it's just just off the motorway.
Then one in Spain just off the motorway to the north of Madrid at La Cabrera ..Camping Pico de Miel

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
If you are not a member, I would highly recommend joining ACSI -

http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/

It's cost of joining will be made back on the 1st site.

If you don't want to join, the website is excellent for just researching the sites. Also have a look at the CC or C&CC winter brochure sites for places en route.

The 2016 ACSI books are due out in Dec so just make sure that you will get them before departure.

I know that you've asked specifically for sites but on the way thru France you should have a look at aires, some of them are really excellent and free! Have a look at these

http://www.campercontact.com/en/

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

I appreciate that I've only given you websites to look at but you've got 2 mths and the research is part of the fun!;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back