LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
As I get the van ready tomorrow for the winter season and trips to Scotland, the new year meet and some skiing action I began to think to myself Winter is the best time of year for motorhoming.
why?
well there's less vans around making wild camping a doddle, all the vans you do see seem to be more committed and always give a wave. If you do need a site then prices are always cheaper.
Most of all though i love looking accross the frosted fields at the wildlife first thing in the morning in a remote part of Europe.

I know many go off to Spain for the weather, but surely even Spain in Winter is better than Spain in summer.?.

So if you ccould only have your van for 6 months of the year which 6 months would you choose?
Me? November to May. :thumb:

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Definitely with you (love all year round) but if only able for six months it would have to be winter.
The outdoors can offer so much more when it is covered in frost and you can often be on your own to enjoy it and what better after a great day out than being tucked back in a lovely warm motorhome, something tasty on the stove and wee glass of something nice.
Thats put me in the mood, can't wait till next weekend.
All the best on your travels.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Not an easy answer but, Winter this year, summer next, then winter , then summer and so on :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Living here in Spain no doubt about it Winter, its like an oven in there in summer,wouldnt mind trying to get back to UK in summer to see grandkids but prices horrendous,and no air con in cab not good:Smile:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Not sure where you're going, Haganap, but round here there's plenty of snow but no skiing yet. It was so cold a couple of days ago that we couldn't get into our van as the locks were frozen, and the boss didn't want me just to heat the key over a match in case I managed to set fire to the whole outfit.

There should be skiing next week, so take your time.

I don't know if it's cold fingers or the Bill Gates thread I've just enjoyed, but this message may appear twice as I think I wiped it out a minute ago. Sorry if this did happen.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Not sure where you're going, Haganap, but round here there's plenty of snow but no skiing yet. It was so cold a couple of days ago that we couldn't get into our van as the locks were frozen, and the boss didn't want me just to heat the key over a match in case I managed to set fire to the whole outfit.

There should be skiing next week, so take your time.

I don't know if it's cold fingers or the Bill Gates thread I've just enjoyed, but this message may appear twice as I think I wiped it out a minute ago. Sorry if this did happen.

where's round here?

we are off to Perthshire on Thursday for a couple of days then its a case of look around.:thumb:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Definately the summer! May to October preferably bumbling around France or Northern Italy.

Still go out in the winter though but look forward to longer days and warmer weather

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Summer without a doubt......cant stand the winter.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
There's loads of things I love about winter time but gerrin cold aint one of em. Brrrrrrrrrr """".

Give me summer everytime

Jim

:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back