Winter meet in Essex - Waldegraves 23-25 November 2012 Mersea Island (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Would a shedload of baked potatoes be a good idea? Especially if someone is bringing chilli........... We can do some if there is demand for it

Plus wine and wine of course. Shame it isn't the following weekend - I'm taking the car to Antwerp via Calais on the monday!

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
best we better also bring plenty of bog roll cause of the chilli

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
emmmm i will try the wife with it 1st she breathes fire from time to time

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We're new as well - but always up for a good time........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
There is an ehu in the bin compound next to ladies showers, I can supply the extension lead. We can bring charcoal, cheese slices red and brown sauce rolls burgers some other bits and pieces. Looking forward to the weekend.

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Oi Bill!!!

Blooming cheek:winky:
What you saying about our chilli!!!!
Extra chilli for you me thinks:thumb:
Or maybe a curry starter:Eeek:

Jane and Steve

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We have a gas Cadac (low-level one) which we are quite happy to bring. Also have my Remoska on-board as standard so can re-heat/keep things warm in that. We will bring a bag of rolls and some sausages to go in them. Looks like we could do with the wine box as well!

It is great to see such a response especially as this will be our first rally as funsters....we are looking forward to putting faces to the names that keep coming up on the screen.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wonderful thanks xxxx

Good, always carry the COBB bbq, I use a blow torch to start it.

Yes Please Ray

we will bring some wine and some soft drinks 2ltr bottle maybe and some burgers

Greatly appreciated

We have a 15Ltr tea urn we can bring - don't see any reason why we cant put mulled wine in it to keep warm. if it's not needed we can boil watre in it for those that want coffee or tea?
Will also bring some charcoal incase its needed.
Tony wants to know if anyone going in fancy dress - is there a theme?

Yes pls for the urn, We can use this one for hot water for the teas and coffees.

There will definitely be children and adults in fancy dress. As always we will be dressing up and again have different costumes to the ones we have worn before. There is no theme.

Would a shedload of baked potatoes be a good idea? Especially if someone is bringing chilli........... We can do some if there is demand for it

I am sure baked potatoes will go down well thanks for the offer. Ive a full oven in the motorhome so can put some in too.

Plus wine and wine of course. Shame it isn't the following weekend - I'm taking the car to Antwerp via Calais on the monday!

Thanks so much xxxxx

best we better also bring plenty of bog roll cause of the chilli

I just love it

I have a bottle of "dave's insanely hot sauce" if anyone is brave enough........

Go for it

There is an ehu in the bin compound next to ladies showers, I can supply the extension lead. We can bring charcoal, cheese slices red and brown sauce rolls burgers some other bits and pieces. Looking forward to the weekend.

Thanks so much yes please, especially for the ehu extension lead

We're new to this ,but nothing ventured nothing gained see you there.

Welcome Zajacp, you will not be alone there are quite a few that havent been to a fun meet before. I will add you to the list on Monday xxxx

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
:thumb:
hi to all. please add rachel and myself glyn to attendees. booked to pitch 285
allso to sunday lunch list please gail.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Just picked up a couple of case's of Lager Gail so dont book us sunday lunch as I will not be looking or feeling my best on sunday:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

:Cool:ROB:Cool:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Oi Bill!!!

Blooming cheek:winky:
What you saying about our chilli!!!!
Extra chilli for you me thinks:thumb:
Or maybe a curry starter:Eeek:

Jane and Steve

i think i will take the 5th on that 1 lol

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
were a bit confused as to what we need to bring to where ?
whats the final numbers coming do we need to bookn lunch sunday?

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Just picked up a couple of case's of Lager Gail so dont book us sunday lunch as I will not be looking or feeling my best on sunday:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Its your turn then this year Rob I am sure some of us can oblige hehehehe. Thanks for the beer xxxx

:Cool:ROB:Cool:

were a bit confused as to what we need to bring to where ?
whats the final numbers coming do we need to bookn lunch sunday?

Erm..... Final numbers coming wont be known until next week but theres at least 30 motorhomes.

We will book Sunday lunch on Friday evening directly with the restaurant and I will be asking for £5 non returnable deposit per head on Friday. I have provisionally booked 14 places for a start time of between 1.30pm and 2.30pm. People will need to let me know whether they want to sit and dine "alone" or join in with the group - remember there is always an option.

As for what to bring

a) yourselves
b) fancy dress if you are game for a laugh for Saturday Evening this applies to both adults and children)
c) wellies and warm clothes
d) Camera if you want to
e) food and drink - whatever you eat and drink.
f) optional - something to share its entirely up to you. I am sure with such already genorous offers there will be plenty so if you want to bring something small along here are some suggestionsl pack of salad, pack of grated cheese for the baked potatoes even a bag of crisps or a bottle of coca cola or lemonade, pack of peanuts.

Remember some funsters may work within the food industry or be able to buy things wholesale whereas others dont, some work some dont and everyone has a different budget. Its not how much you bring its that you took part. (hope that makes sense).

It is only because the meet is so much bigger this year that Ive asked for a little help but this doesnt mean you have to bring 30,40 or 50 of anything. One of something is greatly appreciated.

We will have the bbqs Friday in the sink area which is where we will congregate and we will eat there unless the weather turns extremely nasty and you have all been invited to join us if you want to.

The bbqs will be fired up sometime Saturday afternoon as the hog roast isnt until about 8.30- 9pm going by previous years. Its up to you all what you do and where you eat but it usually ends up as a gatheriing eating and drinking point xxx

We will come and say hello to everyone when we arrive so dont worry. Just do whatever you want to and join in whenever you want to

Hope thats helpful xxxxx if not, PM me

Last edited:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Gail.

Can you put three of us down for Sunday lunch please sitting with the group unless the rest would rather we didn't. :cry:

See you Friday. :thumb:

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Hurrah we can get away and will be joining you all ! Mark and I are really looking forward to it - all booked in and ready to rock :)

Please can you put us down for Sunday lunch Gail ?

fingers crossed for the weather now - if it's like today it will be BRILLIANT :)

But there is no such thing as bad weather - just inappropriate clothing (yeah right !!)

anna x

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hurrah we can get away and will be joining you all ! Mark and I are really looking forward to it - all booked in and ready to rock :)

Please can you put us down for Sunday lunch Gail ?

fingers crossed for the weather now - if it's like today it will be BRILLIANT :)

But there is no such thing as bad weather - just inappropriate clothing (yeah right !!)

anna x

Been to Keswick as well :ROFLMAO:

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Doh!!

Hubby thought it would be a good idea to spruce up the MH ready for our weekend away, so armed with his long handle hose brush he set to giving her a good wash. BUT....he's now regretting it! As he washed the wheels he must have knocked the valve as we now have a van with one completely flat tyre:Doh:
Hope he gets it sorted by Friday!!!:Sad:

Looking forward to meeting you all and putting faces to the names I read on here.:Smile:

Jane

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We will book Sunday lunch on Friday evening directly with the restaurant and I will be asking for £5 non returnable deposit per head on Friday. I have provisionally booked 14 places for a start time of between 1.30pm and 2.30pm. People will need to let me know whether they want to sit and dine "alone" or join in with the group - remember there is always an option.
SIT WITH THE GROUP PLEASE:thumb:

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
oh - and on Sunday sit with the group please ... there are just the two of us :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
For the Sunday lunch, can we have two groups please ?

One for those on a diet

And the other for all us fat gits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It looks like we are going to bin the Christening in favour of Sunday lunch - please can we both sit with the "slightly more substantial" gits? I would point out that Dawn is the slim one - but I make up for it in spades.

Will confirm on Friday when we get there and will hand over the dosh then. Looking forward to this - :thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
For the Sunday lunch, can we have two groups please ?

One for those on a diet

And the other for all us fat gits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats me on your table then :ROFLMAO:

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
We would like to sit with the group please :thumb:

Steve and Jane

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Looks like all us - ahem - "less lithe" persons are going to want a fairly biggish table........

Do we get bigger portions as well?:winky:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Looks like we will be bringing a few packs of ribs and sausages to bbq and lots of nibbley stuff to graze on.

Al K. Holl will be in attendance too. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back