Winter meet in Essex - Waldegraves 23-25 November 2012 Mersea Island (1 Viewer)

Nov 1, 2011
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
since August 2012
Hello Gail,

We have just booked Waldegraves, Friday to Sunday. We will be on Pitch 274.

Regards,

Ifor & Lesley Griffiths

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Jaws &VeeVee
Des&Donut
Knokinonabit
Electricscott
Duxduluxe
Teddybard
Scotties
Paddyd887
Rob1Chelsea1
Meanders
CudleyDudley
PetenSal
Hoedown
UKBill
incognito 1
incognito 2
Teepee
Highwayman
Hymerm60
Tibs
Hocky54
Rayb182
Ifor

Full details are on page 9 of the thread if you wish to join us

Everyone is welcome whether you are a funster with a tent, a caravan a motorhome a fiver and RV or even if you want to stay in one of the statics at Waldegraves xxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
waldergraves

hi we would like to come a,long for this not sure how its done do we have to book with waldergraves ?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just book with Waldergraves, telling them you are a funster, then post up on here with your pitch number :thumb:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We've moved pitch.

Despite being told when I originally booked, and when I phoned again last week, that there was no pitches closer to the action, we've today managed to move to pitch 279 which will be much better given that I'm still on crutches.

Appreciate that it leaves a new funster, Tibs out on a limb, but there are other spaces nearer including 273, but you have to be persistent. Still didn't speak to Holly but did speak to a Ruth who was very helpful.

If it helps, I printed off a copy of Touring Field 2 plan and marked off the following as booked in the same area: Link Removed
229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236,,, 237, 238, 239,,,241
274, 275, 276,,, 278, 279, 280,

If you ring, ask specifically if any off the gaps marked ,,, or 273, 272, 228, 242, 281 up are free. It looks as though they have to key them all in separately to check as the system just offers the next available pitch.

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
If you let me know what pitch you want changed I will see if it can be changed at the reception on Monday.

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Teepee
Please can we take you up on your kind offer. When I booked I had the same response as Meanders, they said they had no pitches nearer so I took 319. But since then I have seen others book and get better pitches! :Doh: :cry:
As this is our first meet I didn't want to make a fuss and query it, but now I see Meanders has moved which will leave us out on a limb. So if you wouldn't mind seeing if we could be moved nearer to the fun we would appreciate it.
Thank you :Smile:
Steve and Jane

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
Hello Tibs Will go to reception tomorrow and try and get pitch changed.
Teepee.

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
Hello Tibs. Your pitch has been changed from 319 to 242, I hope that suits you better. Unfortunately for you, your next to us. If you can cope with that we hope to see you there.
Teepee.

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Teepee!!
We really appreciate you doing that, and I'm sure we can cope with being pitched up next to you :thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Went down to Waldegraves this afternoon and booked, pitch 273, see you all there then.:thumb:

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Jaws &VeeVee
Des&Donut
Knokinonabit
Electricscott
Duxduluxe
Teddybard
Scotties
Paddyd887
Rob1Chelsea1
Meanders
CudleyDudley
PetenSal
Hoedown
UKBill
incognito 1
incognito 2
Teepee
Highwayman
Hymerm60
Tibs
Hocky54
Ifor
Rayb182

see page 9 for booking details just book your pitch direct with Waldegraves

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
weve just booked and were on pitch 228 looking forward to meeting you all friday is my birthday so intend to have a drink that night

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Waldergraves bash

Hi Folks

Just advance notice of the Waldegraves winter meet.

The Hog Roast party takes place on Saturday 24th November and there is food for all including vegetarian that comes within the price of your stay.

Further details to be released later but in the meantime here is a link to their website.

http://www.waldegraves.co.uk/

Waldegraves is on Mersea Island just outside Colchester
As 'beginners' count us in although not sure what we do next?

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Waldergraves bash

Hi Folks

Just advance notice of the Waldegraves winter meet.

The Hog Roast party takes place on Saturday 24th November and there is food for all including vegetarian that comes within the price of your stay.

Further details to be released later but in the meantime here is a link to their website.

http://www.waldegraves.co.uk/

Waldegraves is on Mersea Island just outside Colchester

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
weve just booked and were on pitch 228 looking forward to meeting you all friday is my birthday so intend to have a drink that night

yippee the drinks must be on you

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Details of End of Season Finale

MOTORHOMES - TENTING TOURING PITCHES

For motorhomes Friday to Sunday the charge is £32 plus £2 per night per dog and includes electric hook up. This is for a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children.

As usual pitches will be allocated and those on pitches surrounding the car park have the option to park on the car park or the road area near your pitch. This covers us in case of severely wet weather.

Here is a link to the pitches
Link Removed

We will be on pitch 235.

For motorhomers Fishing for adults is £5.50 per day for 1 rod or £10 for 2 rods. Golf driving range is £2.50 for one bucket of balls or 5 buckets for £10. Pitch and Putt (open weather permitting) is £2.50 per person and Golf Clubs can be hired.

IF YOU DONT HAVE A MOTORHOME - STATIC RENTAL

If you wish to stay in their static the charge is £130 as it is an activity weekend. There is an extra charge of £15 per dog. Waldegraves have agreed if Funsters are staying in a static they will charge for one dog only. You can always get other funsters or friends to stay with you and share the costs.

An activity weekend for those staying in statics means you get free fishing and free use of the golf facilities for everyone staying in the same unit.

If you need a key to the barrier it is a £10 refundable deposit.

We again have use of the undercover sink area to meet and barbeque.

HOW TO BOOK

Telephone waldegraves direct on 01206 382898 please ask for Holly and give her your motorhome fun username as well as the usual details.

When you have booked please let us know on this thread or through a private message how many Adults Children and Dogs, the booking surname and your pitch number thanks.

WHERE THE MEET IS BEING HELD

Waldegraves Holiday & Leisure Park
Mersea Island,
Colchester
Essex
CO5 8SE
Telephone: 01206 382898
Fax: 01206 385359
Email: holidays@waldegraves.co.uk

OUR PLAN

Friday evening Welcome. Come and meet your fellow funsters. We will have some hot drinks including mulled wine early evening usually some time between 5.30pm and 7pm dependent on arrival times and we will be barbequeing in the undercover area. You are welcome to bring along food to cook. After that there is either the clubhouse for entertainment or the main restaurant/bar to chilll and play pool. The choice is yours.

Saturday evening is the End of Season Finale - Fancy Dress optional but we do hope you will join in. We will meet late afternoon in the undercover area and the barbeque will be going again. There will be some mulled wine but please bring some drinks and nibbles as the food served by Waldegraves isnt usually served until about 8.30pm-9pm.

Each meet so far has been different and we dont have plans set in stone. We try to tell everyone what is going on and it is then up to you. There is no pressure to join in.

Sunday lunchtime/afternoon. You are welcome to join us for a Sunday Roast and/or meal in the restaurant. The food is good quality, good portions and we feel good value for money. Please let us know in advance.

We need to be off pitch by 3pm.

TIDE TABLES - IMPORTANT

To access & leave Mersea Island you will need to drive across the causeway which is a road that is covered at times by high tide. This year we are lucky with the tide times so no worries on this one.

DONT FORGET

Fun badges if you have them
Warm clothes and wellies
Alcohol if you drink it
Fancy Dress costume if you are game for a laugh
Donations of mulled wine/drinks/food/snacks to share appreciated.

IF YOU ARE NEW TO FUN

We have some small funster badges and stickers for your motorhome

We look forward to meeting funsters new and old and hope you have an enjoyable time

ATTENDEES so far

Jaws &VeeVee
Des&Donut
Knokinonabit
Electricscott
Duxduluxe
Teddybard
Scotties
Paddyd887
Rob1Chelsea1
Meanders
CudleyDudley
PetenSal
Hoedown
UKBill
incognito 1
incognito 2
Teepee
Highwayman
Hymerm60
Tibs
Hocky54
Ifor
Rayb182
MitziMad
Mentaliss

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Soooo

Gail ............. For the past few years there has been what, 4 vans, maybe 5 ?

Bet your glad I pushed you a bit to bite the bullet and do it again !!!! :thumb:

Gonna be a good un !!!!!!!!!!

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Have bitten the bullett and booked for this event:Eeek:
We attended several meets earlier in the year and the weather was always foul, although having marshalled at Peterborough I feel we can cope with most conditions now but be warned that now we have booked for Waldergraves the weather may take a drastic turn for the worse
:helptitanic::rain::sorry2:

We are booked on pitch 272
Please book us in for the Sunday Lunch
Jacky

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
waldegraves meet November update

I have had confirmation from Waldegraves

Details of End of Season Finale

MOTORHOMES - TENTING TOURING PITCHES

For motorhomes Friday to Sunday the charge is £32 plus £2 per night per dog and includes electric hook up. This is for a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children.

As usual pitches will be allocated and those on pitches surrounding the car park have the option to park on the car park or the road area near your pitch. This covers us in case of severely wet weather.

Here is a link to the pitches
Link Removed

We will be on pitch 235.

For motorhomers Fishing for adults is £5.50 per day for 1 rod or £10 for 2 rods. Golf driving range is £2.50 for one bucket of balls or 5 buckets for £10. Pitch and Putt (open weather permitting) is £2.50 per person and Golf Clubs can be hired.

IF YOU DONT HAVE A MOTORHOME - STATIC RENTAL

If you wish to stay in their static the charge is £130 as it is an activity weekend. There is an extra charge of £15 per dog. Waldegraves have agreed if Funsters are staying in a static they will charge for one dog only. You can always get other funsters or friends to stay with you and share the costs.

An activity weekend for those staying in statics means you get free fishing and free use of the golf facilities for everyone staying in the same unit.

If you need a key to the barrier it is a £10 refundable deposit.

We again have use of the undercover sink area to meet and barbeque.

HOW TO BOOK

Telephone waldegraves direct on 01206 382898 please ask for Holly and give her your motorhome fun username as well as the usual details.

When you have booked please let us know on this thread or through a private message how many Adults Children and Dogs, the booking surname and your pitch number thanks.

WHERE THE MEET IS BEING HELD

Waldegraves Holiday & Leisure Park
Mersea Island,
Colchester
Essex
CO5 8SE
Telephone: 01206 382898
Fax: 01206 385359
Email: holidays@waldegraves.co.uk

OUR PLAN

Friday evening Welcome. Come and meet your fellow funsters. We will have some hot drinks including mulled wine early evening usually some time between 5.30pm and 7pm dependent on arrival times and we will be barbequeing in the undercover area. You are welcome to bring along food to cook. After that there is either the clubhouse for entertainment or the main restaurant/bar to chilll and play pool. The choice is yours.

Saturday evening is the End of Season Finale - Fancy Dress optional but we do hope you will join in. We will meet late afternoon in the undercover area and the barbeque will be going again. There will be some mulled wine but please bring some drinks and nibbles as the food served by Waldegraves isnt usually served until about 8.30pm-9pm.

Each meet so far has been different and we dont have plans set in stone. We try to tell everyone what is going on and it is then up to you. There is no pressure to join in.

Sunday lunchtime/afternoon. You are welcome to join us for a Sunday Roast and/or meal in the restaurant. The food is good quality, good portions and we feel good value for money. Please let us know in advance.

We need to be off pitch by 3pm.

TIDE TABLES - IMPORTANT

To access & leave Mersea Island you will need to drive across the causeway which is a road that is covered at times by high tide. This year we are lucky with the tide times so no worries on this one.

DONT FORGET

Fun badges if you have them
Warm clothes and wellies
Alcohol if you drink it
Fancy Dress costume if you are game for a laugh
Donations of mulled wine/drinks/food/snacks to share appreciated.

IF YOU ARE NEW TO FUN

We have some small funster badges and stickers for your motorhome

We look forward to meeting funsters new and old and hope you have an enjoyable time

ATTENDEES so far

Jaws &VeeVee
Des&Donut
Knokinonabit
Electricscott
Duxduluxe
Teddybard
Scotties
Paddyd887
Rob1Chelsea1
Meanders
CudleyDudley
PetenSal
Hoedown
UKBill
incognito 1
incognito 2
Teepee
Highwayman
Hymerm60
Tibs
Hocky54
Ifor
Rayb182
MitziMad
Mentaliss
Jaygee

Lunch will be booked on Friday night/Saturday morning but have added you to the list Jacky. As for weather we have had everything from torrential rain to cold sunshine to snow. Whatever the weather we have always had a good time.

OMG Jaws we did 16 bottles of mulled wine last year some of which you kindly donated - I havent got a clue how many to buy this year hehehe.

It will be great fun I am sure. Just hoping we will all fit in the sink area !!!

Theres still plenty of time to book folks if you want to join us

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
Happy days

Hi
Will be on pitch 245 at Waldegraves Holiday & Leisure Park 23rd and 24th see you there
This will be our first outing in this van so ......will find out all the things we should have brought Kim and Julia :Cool:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We have a Christening in Kent on the Sunday afternoon, so will have to slide off fairly early on Sunday. Shame - was really looking forward to someone else cooking the sunday roast for a change........:cry:

Oct 2, 2012
Shoreham by sea
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We'll be there, pitch no. 244.
It will be our second trip away motorhoming...can't wait for a peaceful week-end away...no dogs barking...no kids shouting...no loud music. Cos we like to be tucked up in bed with a cup of cocoa and a book by 8 o clock!! and looking out over a tranquil panoramic view across the campsite.
Ooops! Don't tell me we've got the wrong week-end??? :RollEyes:

See you there!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back