Jul 22, 2014
Orkney
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,

Do many of you guys do many trips away during the winter months?

We're just contemplating whether or not to wait til after Christmas before buying our first van or get one now and get started straight away ...

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You will probably get a better bargain buying out of season. We bought our first MH last June and sorned it for Oct, but we swapped it Jan, will never sorn it again. Don't let the time of year put you off, we learned that!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Merle Collins

Merle Collins

Free Member
Jul 22, 2014
Orkney
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
You will probably get a better bargain buying out of season. We bought our first MH last June and sorned it for Oct, but we swapped it Jan, will never sorn it again. Don't let the time of year put you off, we learned that!

So did you get much use out of it in January? We'll only be using it around Scotland and aren't sure if it will be too cold?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
So did you get much use out of it in January? We'll only be using it around Scotland and aren't sure if it will be too cold?
We are in Scotland too, although further south than you but if your heating is working don't let the weather put you off, we didn't and truth be told it was because the MH had road tax so we decided to use it.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we went up to Durness in January this year, then spent some time at Grantown

we have a well insulated MH and good heating

biggest problem we found was no water available on site due to site taps freezing

good old watering can to the rescue again, might only be 10 litres at a time from the toilet block but better than not having water

Get one bought, start using it and find out (y)

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi all,

Do many of you guys do many trips away during the winter months?

We're just contemplating whether or not to wait til after Christmas before buying our first van or get one now and get started straight away ...
There's a highland Halloween meet near Inverness if its of interest to you~?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Take your time, don't rush it. There will be plenty MHs for sale over the winter. Just make a list of " Have to haves" and tick them off as you go along

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
First class advice on here, many lay up their vans, their choice and we have in the past. Now it's loaded ready to go whenever I'm on stand down. Then the (known)world is our oyster!
As Jackyboy said far to expensive an item to have gathering dust.
Go for it and good luck, your only question will be why on earth didn't we do this years ago!

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Use mine all year round, including Christmas :)

Never miss an opportunity to get away, life's too short :)

It lovely waking up on a crisp winters morning, all warm inside with the heating on, there's just something about it that makes it's so worthwhile :)

I travel to see my family and always go in the motorhome. It parks nicely either on a driveway, or near the old folks home my mothers in. Never need worry about a bed space then :)

Spent 3 straight weeks away last Christmas and loved every second I was away. Don't let the seasons put you off :)

Get the right model and they're well insulated and have brilliant heating on either gas or EHU, including lovely hot water :)

Get one, but make sure it's right for you, then get out there and see, you'll not regret it :)

Could even hire one and give it a try :) :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back