Winter in Spain

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by hdvrod, Oct 1, 2013.

1. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

Been looking to find a suitable campsite in Spain for a month in March 2014 and came across camping Raco near Benidorm has anyone been and what did you think of it ,look forward to your comments :Smile:

2. toyota

toyota Funster

hi its a reasonable site and takes dogs,some dont a lot of funsters go to camping villasol as well as myself no dogs allowed on this one. nowt against them but prefer not to have them:BigGrin:

3. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

Had a look at Villa sol website not able to give me price ect for March :Sad: looks nice though

4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

We will be at Villasol from mid December through to the end of February. We have been quoted a price of €16 per night + electricity at €0.41 per KW hour. Last year the winter prices did not increase until the end of March.

Brisey.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

Hi, on our way back from Morocco last. October we stayed at Los Madriles, Isla Plana, just south of Cartagena. Liked it so much we are going out there again for a couple of months from January next year. :thumb:

6. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Guess nobody has stayed at Camping Raco but hang around long enough and somebody should turn up !:Rofl1:

We stayed at Camping Benisol in June this year, nice clean site, good facilities and nice bar/restaurant.......ACSI rates apply at usual times. Quite a few Brits winter there, a little further out than Raco but if needed, bus stop at gate.
    Good hunting,

Regards, Bryan

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  7. alan

alan Funster

Raco

We've stayed on Raco at some time during the winter for the last 10 years several winters for about 5 months at a time.
    Its a good site with hedged pitches and 9 square metres in size, the toilets are kept spotlessly clean and there is constant hot water.Its a very big site compared to england and gets very busy during the winter with mostly northern europeans.Its just over a mile to the seafront and there is lots of bars and restaurants close by.
    I do'nt know if you've got dogs but they are accepted and theres fantastic dog walking through the woods to Albir.
    Hope this helps Alan

• Like Like x 1
  8. busby

busby Funster

Best swimming pool i have been in. BUSBY:BigGrin:

9. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi
    We stopped at Raco Easter 2011 nice clean site and shower block, good on site bar/reteraunt with shows and very handy for beni prom. Pete

10. makems

makems Funster Life Member

agreed. Emptied every night and refilled in the morning!

11. ukbill

ukbill Funster

we got the same price quoted on the advice of tonka just said we was acsi and they quoted that price seems good for the heart of beni when ya get there brisey save us 3 more pitches for me ken and pete we promise we will be quiet :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  12. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

Thanks for all the responses,we thought the Benidorm area would be best that time of year as most places stay open over the winter,we will be moving on to the Cartagena area mid april to july,could have gone there for the whole period,but thought not so much to do so early in the year.

13. gloworm

gloworm Funster

That's a great price :Smile: seems to cost a lot more on website we are planning on arriving at Villasol 12th Jan for about 6 weeks how did you get your price please ?

14. ukbill

ukbill Funster

if you send them a email saying you are acsi and whats the cost they will confirm the price by return email but if you book online its the normal price without a discount

15. gloworm

gloworm Funster

Thanks Bill will do that today hope we will meet some of you while we are there:Smile:

Sue & Eric

16. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi gloworm, I sent an e-mail to Villasol via the "contact us"link on their web site. I told them my date of arrival and departure and asked them to confirm their best price. Please be aware that Villasol do not take bookings or reservations for pitches.

Brisey.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ukbill

ukbill Funster

it should be fun we was at beni last feb and the bloody place was packed all the shops and bars open unlike elsewhere but get there early so you can hire a mobility scooter cheaper than a taxi home when ya drunk
    we are on our way 27th dec will be there for 39th at the latest the way i drive will be there on the 29th maybe pete and ken may leave before xmas so i will overtake them to slow gits around Bordeaux lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. buttons

buttons Funster

I'm saving that one, brilliant.:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  19. ukbill

ukbill Funster

im gettin to tandems 1 for me and linda and the other for pete and ken plus 1 tow rope so if just 1 of us is able to drive they can tow the others o and also a basket in case we invite sticki vicki back :Rofl1::Rofl1:

20. ukbill

ukbill Funster

i agree we did the same and asked for 3 pitches together but they just said there will be places so turn up and pick your spot if there aint then np will get onto another site but from what i was told they always have places