Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
now i am confused,
i have followed the manuel and have drained everything down for the winter but i stayed in it last night and it was lovely, not a drop of condesation on the inside of the windows and the heater works and i was warm. No flush to the toilet (as its electric via pump) but not a problem.
i would like to carry on using it, its a shame to spend all that money and have a van that is insulated and has heating and you are suppose to drain it down and not use it.
what do others do?

do you drain down and carry on using it
or take a chance and keep tanks full?

liz

eric 83

Free Member
Jan 6, 2009
leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
30+yrs
Ours is drained down untill we come back from cali.and then we will fill up and be away before christmas it is better for them to be used than stood.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

plattypus

Free Member
Nov 9, 2010
Ulverston. Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since Aug. 2010
hi liz.

How often are you going to use it? Your van similar size to ours. So its not a hassle to just up & go. We wont bother to drain ours.

Its getting pretty cold now and if your not getting any problems use it as often as you can . enjoy:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I drain it if its going to be left for a few days in the winter. It only takes a few minutes to close the valves and refill. Although it is in storage there is a tap next to my filler so only use a 2M hose.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
The problem you have is that your water tanks, both fresh and waste are not insulated. If it looks like it may drop to freezing point, drain both your waste tank every night and your fresh water tank, but keep a jerry can of water inside. We were at C&CC site at Hereford last week October and first night temperature dropped to minus 5 degrees, taps froze inside van, luckily no pipes split and we were OK but that it what you have to watch out for. If on electric hook-up leave a low-wattage fan heater or oil filled radiator on all night. No reason to stop using van but keep a eye on the weather forecasts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
isitfriday
Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
thanks

thanks everyone
i think i will keep it drained, as we also have had some frost and ice last week. I wish it wasnt an electric flush my dad van was a newer version and it had a seperate water compartment for the flushing water, this one comes off the main tank, and you have to put the 12v pump on every time. a real pain. especially as its behind the lift up lid of the sink.
i ve taken the lid off now so you can reach the controls much better.

i dont how how often i will go away but dont like the thought of not going anywhere, Im wondering about the meet next weekend.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back