Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
After over four months of lounging around in the Algarve (Cabanas, Armacil de Pera, Praia da Rocha Marina, Barragem Arade, Silves, Messines etc), the call of Quinta Majay became too strong and I headed off north yesterday.

First stop as usual, Pego da Altar (poor internet signal) and any length of visit here means a visit to Rui's (Modina Restaurant)

20160505_122955.jpg

20160505_123532.jpg

20160505_124847.jpg

Just in case I didn't let you lot know before, Rui has, at long last, invested in a "Tosta Machine" and now offers Toasta Mistas etc.

Obviously the locals are not much interested in this fare but tourists are pleased.

20160505_125412.jpg

After scoffing my brekky I will pop along to Coruche...

Be good everyone.

JJ :cool:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Tidy bit of parking if I may be so bold as to say JJ.

Reactions: JJ
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Safe journey JJ, On arrival at Quinta Majay, may your grass be short and your well, full (y)

Sorry Dear Boss to go against your wishes BUT , I hope the grass is high, and the well not too full! I hope there are plenty of holes on the track, an that some work will be needed to put a few stones to get it all levelled. Any idea why???:whistle: Think a bit....After all that lazy winter time.....!!!:);):cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
At the "aire" in Coruche.

It is a car park by the Bus Station.

Not at all attractive but has a few things that might appeal to some Off Site Rufty Tufties as they head off elsewhere...

1. Water.

2. Emptying facilities.

3. It is FREE.

4. Next door to LiDL.

5. Strong 4g internet signal for those with mifi (Nos, Meo etc)

(Parking not available on market days.)

20160505_173347.jpg

Screenshot_2016-05-05-17-37-14.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
After spending the night at my former work place (Estudio 33), I picked up my machinery from my friend Mosca, who had looked after it while I was away, and headed off to QMJ.

What a beautiful fragrance... eucalyptus and pine.

I am not too depressed... True there is quite a lot to do but not nearly as much as last time.

Will soon have this lot cut down to size.

20160507_122145.jpg

My top well has some water in it (quite a long way down) but the bottom well, (which I spent some time digging deeper last October) is nearly full.

20160507_122015.jpg

The bottom well last October.

20151114_114718.jpg

The "Tool Shed", formally known as the Wagon, had not been broken into. The ride on mower is still there along with all the other stuff and seems completely dry with no signs (yet) of the dreaded mice.

If only it wasn't drizzling so steadily I would fire up the strimmer and set to the task...

More later if folk are interested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Rain stopped for now so...

Mixed some two stroke fuel for the machines, changed the cutters on the strimmer and started work...

20160508_120402.jpg

Like the Romans, I cut "roads" first so I can reach the furthest parts of the Empire...

20160508_120412.jpg

20160508_120405.jpg

There must be something wrong with me.

I am really enjoying the task(s) and, of course, getting exercise without paying for a gym membership.

Soon be ready for visitors...

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Cor blimey, Looks similar to what I've to start clearing this next week. Well if this 'we never have rain in May in Portugal' ever stops lol.

Have you got a flat nose @JJ cause if you leave that rake like that you'll end up with one.

I have always found strimming to be very therapeutic. Also couldn't hear the bloody phone ringing all the time.

Will you have it all finished by the end of play today?

Shawn

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Where is that nice red ride on mower you got from my bargain basement sale ?.

If you were more observant Mr Snowbird, you would notice the beautiful (resprayed) Sky Blue, ride on mower nestling safely in its designer shed.

If the rain holds off it might make its first appearance of the year later on today.

Still no news of a bargain basement mini digger?

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Have you got a flat nose @JJ cause if you leave that rake like that you'll end up with one.

Thanks for the warning Mr Shawn, but Rufty Tufty Off-Site Freeloading Motorhomers don't stand on rakes and, anyway, closer examination will reveal it is standing the safe way around!

Indeed, all this pottering around on QMJ is fantastically therapeutic... I love it.

Where is your estate located?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
When are you coming out here for a (long) break Karl?

I've been expecting you for years now.

(If you are good I will let you have a go on the Mr Snowbird supplied, ride on mower.)

I really want to but I don't think this van would make it. The new business is starting to take off now (fingers crossed) so will be starting to save for a new van to convert. As soon as I have it I will be down like a shot :D

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Thanks for the warning Mr Shawn, but Rufty Tufty Off-Site Freeloading Motorhomers don't stand on rakes and, anyway, closer examination will reveal it is standing the safe way around!

Indeed, all this pottering around on QMJ is fantastically therapeutic... I love it.

Where is your estate located?

Lol

Still would prefer to see the rake with the handle end onthe ground, remember you must think of your staff.
Unfortunately it's not our estate. Just helping out in return for a place to stay. Loving it just the same. We are in the wilds between Marvao and Castelo De Vide.
This afternoon the terraces look more like rice fields than an olive grove.

Happy mowing
Shawn

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Shame you are not a bit closer Mr Shawn.

You could have demonstrated your professional raking technique.

I would have watched intently... (but I am a slow learner!)

I got the Super Mower out of its designer shed this evening. Unbelieveably it started on the third twist of the key despite being left for 5 months... even cut a bit of (shortish) grass with it.

Briggs and Stratton Rool!

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I put on my "Look Hard" black boots, mixed some more 2 stroke and fuelled the strimmer. I put on the harness and safety face mask. I fired her up and started ground clearing... ten seconds later the sky opened up and down came the rain.

I packed it in and put it all away, getting soaked in the process, got back into the Hymer, sat down and started posting this and...

...the rain stopped and the sun has come out.

Bye for now...

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I put on my "Look Hard" black boots, mixed some more 2 stroke and fuelled the strimmer. I put on the harness and safety face mask. I fired her up and started ground clearing... ten seconds later the sky opened up and down came the rain.

I packed it in and put it all away, getting soaked in the process, got back into the Hymer, sat down and started posting this and...

...the rain stopped and the sun has come out.

Bye for now...

Safety mask,harness and Rain, really, let's hope no one from Openshaw looking in JJ(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I thought you had bought a goat? or did you eat it at the end of last summer....

mmmm fresh bbq goat....beats fry bentos tinned goat anyday

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back